1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is one of the lesser known customs that people don't know about!! Between the 6th and the 8th of January, people get dressed up with symbolic and often scary masks to exorcise the evil spirits from the city. I thought it would be nice to share with all of you. Are any of you from Kastoria? That's where this custom is practised

Reactions: efhernandez_
This is one of the lesser known customs that people don't know about!! Between the 6th and the 8th of January, people get dressed up with symbolic and often scary masks to exorcise the evil spirits from the city. I thought it would be nice to share with all of you. Are any of you from Kastoria? That's where this custom is practised

Woah this is so cool! I would love to visit Kastoria and see this in action

To-Go and Covid Safe Greek Festivals!

To-go Greek festivals are the new way to celebrate Greek culture! There's one happening in New York on June 5th and 6th where you can pickup food. I'm not sure if there will be other types of vendors there but I know the whole event is covid safe!

Ragoutsaria is one of the lesser known Greek traditions!

What are some Greek-American traditions

I’ve seen many posts about Greek traditions. But what are some Greek American ones? I’d love to hear your favorites!!

How to dance kalamatiano!

This is one Greek dance that always confuses me and I find myself googling the moves before every Greek party that I go to. I hope this video helps!!

Where can I buy Greek tsokara shoes?

I've always loved these shoes. I've been told they're called tsokara but I'm not sure what they're called in English. They're a woman's sandal made of a hard wood material and with a strip going along the top. Does anyone know where I can find this online?

They look exactly like this picture below but usually I thought they'd be cheaper

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter