1 - 3 of 3 Posts

redsoxdw_

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and place the fava pods inside. Let the pods cook while the water boils for five minutes. Transfer the pods to a strainer and rinse with cold water. Split open the pods, remove the fava beans, and place the beans in a serving bowl. Toss in the olives, onion, and parsley. Prepare the ladolemono (olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper) Pour into the salad and toss. Serve right away or refrigerate for up 1-2 hours before serving. (Refrigerating it lets the flavors marinate a little bit). :) There you have it. Serve with warm toasted bread.

blopez34

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and place the fava pods inside. Let the pods cook while the water boils for five minutes. Transfer the pods to a strainer and rinse with cold water. Split open the pods, remove the fava beans, and place the beans in a serving bowl. Toss in the olives, onion, and parsley. Prepare the ladolemono (olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper) Pour into the salad and toss. Serve right away or refrigerate for up 1-2 hours before serving. (Refrigerating it lets the flavors marinate a little bit). :) There you have it. Serve with warm toasted bread.
Love it! Thanks for sharing. I suggest adding fresh parsley or cilantro to the dip, it will really add more flavour and give it more of that greek color

k_tsoukalas

This is truly one of my favorite all-time dishes in Greek cuisine. I used to get it all the time while in Greece, and I can't find it much in the United States. The goal is for me to learn how to make it like they do in Greece!

Its grilling season!

I’m so excited! This is the first day that I’ve been able to get outside and start grilling. I made some chicken, pork chops, and beef tenderloin seasoned with lemon and oregano. Is anyone else grilling this summer? 😎

CBC9304B-37FF-4E92-B0AA-7D2A11D52FFB.jpeg

What desserts are served at Greek weddings?

Are there any desserts that are specific to Greek weddings? I’m going to a Greek wedding this summer and I would love to know waht tasty treats are on the menu so I know what to look forward to! 😋

What are some of the easiest Greek recipes?

I'm looking for something super simple to make this weekend. I'm so tired from a long work week and I just want something healthy and of course Greek to snack on. Does anyone have some super simple and easy Greek recipes that I can make at home?

Is it possible to grow olives outside of Greece?

This is for all of the users that have a green thumb.... I've always wanted to grow olives in my backyard, but part of me thinks that they will never taste as good as the ones that I get from Greece. Is it even worth trying? For a little bit of context, I live in Montreal where the summers are warm but the winters are pretty cold and snowy. Has anyone tried this out themselves?

How to make a classic Greek village (horiatiki) salad

This village salad is probably one of the most popular salads in Greece. Many Greeks will start their lunches and dinners with the salad and it is considered to be very healthy, especially when you use local ingredients. All you need to do is chop up the following ingredients and toss it in a salad bowl.

- 3 tomatoes
-Half a red onion
-Half a green pepper
-1 block feta cheese
-2 large spoonfuls of olives
-2 large spoonfuls of olive oil
-2 teaspoons of oregano
-1 teaspoon of salt
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter