1 - 7 of 7 Posts

seleanor

I just discovered this very cute and family oriented Greek tv sitcom called "Remember When" or "Ta Kalitera Mas Xronia" (our best years). The show follows a family from the perspective of a young boy and shows the trials and tribulations of a Greek family in the late 60's. The show touches on many important issues such as religion, finances and relationships. It's a great insight into what was going on in Greece at the time. You can watch the show for free here: https://www.ertflix.gr/en/series/ser.127653-ta-kalytera-mas-chronia

Reactions: Vangelis

k_tsoukalas

This is so great! I like to watch Greek programs to help learn Greek a little better, but it's hard to find resources online.

Vangelis

This is my favourite Greek TV Series. I like how you get to see how they lived in Athens in the 60s, 70s and 80s. Also, the way they introduce historical events with actual TV reels through the black & white TV that the family owns is very clever. The third series is soon to be released and I'm eagerly awaiting the new episodes!

Reactions: francescool

francescool

This is my favourite Greek TV Series. I like how you get to see how they lived in Athens in the 60s, 70s and 80s. Also, the way they introduce historical events with actual TV reels through the black & white TV that the family owns is very clever. The third series is soon to be released and I'm eagerly awaiting the new episodes!
Yes it's excellent! It's a great way to learn about Greek culture and history

greek_ggirl

Do you know exactly when it will be released ? :)

Vangelis

Do you know exactly when it will be released ? :)
No, I saw an ad for it on Greek TV but I don't know when it is going to be released. I think the most likely will be after Greeks come back from their holidays. Probably Sep/Oct.

Reactions: toniiv

toniiv

No, I saw an ad for it on Greek TV but I don't know when it is going to be released. I think the most likely will be after Greeks come back from their holidays. Probably Sep/Oct.
Yes, most Greek tv shows are on break in the summer, especially August and you will see mostly reruns playing on TV

Learning About Greek Orthodox Religion

I am of Dominican descent and my husband and I had an Orthodox wedding, but I didn't convert. I want to learn about the religion more to better connect with him and his side of the family ... what types of things should I look at? I found this link online and found it informative. How should I learn about Greek Orthodox?

Finding a Wedding Planner in Greece?

I decided to do a destination wedding in Greece. I mentioned in an earlier thread that I am not an Orthodox Christian but have decided on the Athens area because I think there are some great photo opportunities all over the city and it is a bit more accessible. Anyway, I know I need help getting everything organized. How does one go about finding a wedding planner in Greece who can help?

Greek Wedding Traditions for Weddings in Greece?

I am in research mode. My wedding is next year and I feel like I am behind. I am not Greek or an Orthodox Christian, but I love Greece and the culture. Are there any traditions that it might be fun if I incorporate into the ceremony or the celebrations? I am not sure where to start!

Should I Bring Something to a Greek-Australian Dinner Party?

I am of Greek descent but I was born in Australia. Although my name sounds very Greek, I didn't actually grow up close to the culture. I am invited to a dinner party to a friend's house, and they have only just moved from Greece. Of course, I always went to dinner parties put on my family, but this is different. Usually my family would tell me what to bring and I don't have to think about gifts. What do you bring to a friend's house during a dinner party? Wine? Food?

Things to Know When Visiting Greece?

I found this article very helpful... I am going soon and this isn't my first time, but I still fond this helpful:

Do you have anything to add t this list? #3 - find your latest alike - really caught my eye. I am a photographer so this is a work/play type of trip and I bet I can get some great slice of life shots there.
Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter