1 - 1 of 1 Posts

Hash

A walking tour of Lavrio, Greece

Lavrio is the coastal town in the southeastern part of Attica which is the region where Athens is located. This is a great place to visit if you want to go to restaurants and shop around, but also be by the water. Personally, I get pretty tired of staying in downtown Athens because there's not much of a breeze and I can't get to the beach very quickly. This is only super easy if you're renting a car, otherwise you can get to the beach or visit closer beach areas like Glyfada.

Where to go in Athens for some of the best nightlife!

Athens has some great nightlife!! There are so many options to choose from, and it really depends on what you're looking for. My personal favourites are rooftop bars that overlook the Parthenon, you can find most of these in Thissio. But many local Athenians would say that these spots are very touristy and not as fun Exarchia and Gazi for example. If you're interested in going to bars that are by the beach, but still pretty close to the city I recommend Gylfada. Psiri it's also a very trendy neighbourhood that is popular amongst the locals! Try them out and let me know what you think!

Get that Big Athens Energy! 🌈

Tips on making your trip to the Acropolis kid friendly!

Many activities in Greece can be kid friendly, as long as you make some minor adjustments. The acropolis is a great place to visit but it can get a bit tiring for young kids who don't like being in the sun or walking up a lot of stairs. My first recommendation is to go very early in the morning, or late afternoon when there is not a lot of sun. Make sure the little ones are wearing hats and sunscreen and they are very hydrated. I suggest that you don't spend too much time at the top of the acropolis, but rather take a stroll through the museum and have a snack at the Café that overlooks the Acropolis. As always, you can make the experience more fun by getting some goodies at the gift shop.

My favourite Athens suburb

I just love Exarcheia and these videos give a great insight into its unique and colourful nature.

Share and discuss your Athens photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter