1 - 2 of 2 Posts

dpappas87

Biking is great because there are so many small and beautiful sidestreets and you can avoid the struggle of hailing cabs. Here are some places where you can rent:

Reactions: TatianaS

k_tsoukalas

Nearby Mykonos is also great for cycling:

Reactions: TatianaS

Akrotiri Lighthouse in Santorini is stunning 😍

Who knew that Santorini had such a beautiful lighthouse! This lighthouse dates back to the late 1800's and was build by a French company. This video gives you a great idea of what the lighthouse looks like and what you can expect from visiting. You are unable to visit the inside of the lighthouse unless you are authorized (navy or official business) but it is beautiful to see from the outside or even from a view from some Santorini cliffs. Has anyone ever been?

Where to go shopping in Santorini Greece

Shopping in Santorini is one of the best experiences you can ever have because the shops are so unique and much of the stuff is handmade if you go to the right places. Santorini clothing has a very carefree and flowing vibe to it. Many of the clothes are white and made of linen, and match the colours of the island. The best places to shop is around Fira, the city center has the most ammount of stores and the greatest variety.

These are the top two foods to try in Santorini!

Santorini has some of the best sunsets, but also some of the best food! The island has so many fantastic restaurants, many of which are taking a modern twist on traditional Greek cuisine. Two of the must try foods that are local dishes in Santorini are domatokeftedes (tomato fritters) and fava. Here are pictures of both dishes!

Has anyone taken a cruise to Santorini?

I've always considered whether it's a good idea to take a cruise around the islands, or just visit them myself. Has anyone taken a cruise around Santorini and the neighbouring islands? I don't know the pros and cons and whether it's a good value. I'm looking for someone with personal experience who can share a bit about their trip. If you have any specific companies that would also be great. Thank you in advance.
Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter