1 - 3 of 3 Posts

dimi_pat

This is one of my favorite islands. Greece is just so special and its full of natural beauty

Rhodes-720x478.jpg

Yes it is special.I see the sunsets almost every day. Not in past fews days though as its been raining.

Reactions: acamp7
Kritinia castle is the best place to watch the sunset!

Holiday season coming to a close in Greece & the islands

Soon tavernas/bars & shops will be closing until 2024.By mid november it will be very quiet.

Which area to stay on Rhodes?

I am trying to plan my next trip to Greece and I think I will go to Rhodes this time. I went once, and it was only for a few days. Stayed near Lindos. I want to stay longer, and there are different areas - I can't figure out where to stay this time!

Should I stay near Lindos again? Are there other areas worth seeing? It was over ten years ago that I went.

Large Venomous Jellyfish Spotted off Greece's Rhodes -

Recommend a good beach near Rhodes Town?

I am trying to plan my latest trip to Greece. To be honest, I don't like to plan too heavily, but I do like to know where I am staying and have a general idea of things to do. Whether or not I do them once I arrive is another story, but at least I have options.

There are a lot of beaches near Rhodes Town. Do you guys have a favorite? Some options I found:

• Elli Beach
  • Kato Petres Beach
  • Sachtouri Beach
I am just basing this list on what I found on the Internet. I have no attachment. I love beaches that have services close or as part of the beach. Like a toilet, maybe a restaurant or cafe.

Valley of Butterflies in Rhodes?

I learned about this cool place on Rhdoes I want to see.

Valley of Butterflies is a sanctuary on Rhodes for severe; species of butterflies and is worth a visit. This natural haven is nestled in the middle of a winding stream and surrounded by rocky hills, flowers, and trees. The valley is home to abundant flora and fauna, including 150 different types of butterflies and moths such as the Jersey Tiger Moth, the Spotted Fritillary Butterfly, and the Painted Lady Butterfly.

The best time to visit this natural paradise is from late June to early September. During this period, the butterflies start their 5-day mating cycle, creating beautiful yellow-colored walls along the Rhodos stream. Visiting this place during this period gives you the chance to revel in the delightful colors and aroma of butterflies fluttering around your head.

I found this great video about it:

I don't know I fi will have a chance to go next year, but it really does look neat!
Share and discuss your Rhodes photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back