1 - 6 of 6 Posts

kcixcy

This has to be one of the most beautiful places in Greece for sure!! Who has been here?? :)

Hike-Samaria-Gorge-720x480.jpg

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
This looks amazing, I have been to Crete but never to Samaria Gorge.

Here is an article that has a bit more info:

Vangelis

It's a beautiful part of the world. I've walked the gorge a few times in my much younger life and one time I was wearing flip flops (or what we Aussies like to call thongs)!

Reactions: greek_ggirl

greek_ggirl

It's a beautiful part of the world. I've walked the gorge a few times in my much younger life and one time I was wearing flip flops (or what we Aussies like to call thongs)!
Ahhh that sounds terrible!! But those are the only shoes I bring with me to Greece so I would be in your same position lol

Reactions: Vangelis

Vangelis

Ahhh that sounds terrible!! But those are the only shoes I bring with me to Greece so I would be in your same position lol
At least I've proven it's doable! You should give it a go. If you're young enough you're invincible. Now I would probably need the most comfortable walking shoes. My advice though is bring a large water bottle in summer. There is water along the way but not often and it is a long walk.

Reactions: nadellii

nadellii

At least I've proven it's doable! You should give it a go. If you're young enough you're invincible. Now I would probably need the most comfortable walking shoes. My advice though is bring a large water bottle in summer. There is water along the way but not often and it is a long walk.
I miss being young and invincible. I used to cliff dive in Greece all the time when I was younger and now I would never dare to do such a thing

Reactions: Vangelis

These are the top places to visit in Crete, Greece

These are the places that you must see when you visit Crete!!

1. Elafonissi
2. Minoan Palaces
3. Samaria Gorge
4. Old Venetian Harbor
5. Heraklion Archaeological Museum

This is what Elafonisi beach looks like...just stunning 😍
elafonisi-beach-crete-720x540.jpg

German Travel Agents Tour Crete and Depart with the Best of Impressions

How to explore Crete on horseback

This looks so amazing to me, I will definitely try this if I go to Crete anytime soon

Pictures of Rethymno, Crete!

Rethymno is stunning 😍 post your pictures in this thread I would love to see them

rethymno-crete-720x480.jpg

Elafonisi beach is just unbeatable

The low tides are the best part of Elafonisi beach because you can wade in the water and relax without waves, seaweed or deep dirtier water. I love this beach!

elafonissi-beach-crete-900x442.jpg
Share and discuss your Crete photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter