1 - 4 of 4 Posts

nm1999

This is such a wonderful story to brighten up our dreary covid Christmas! A few Santa's gathered in Crete to drop off Christmas gifts in Crete while flying in paragliders. I hope to see many more initiatives like this especially because its so nice for the locals and the tourists. Merry Christmas to everyone and have a Happy New Years!

greekgal77

This is such a wonderful story to brighten up our dreary covid Christmas! A few Santa's gathered in Crete to drop off Christmas gifts in Crete while flying in paragliders. I hope to see many more initiatives like this especially because its so nice for the locals and the tourists. Merry Christmas to everyone and have a Happy New Years!
This is so fun! I would have loved to have seen that. Stuff like this brings a smile to people's faces.

Reactions: dubai_suzie

dubai_suzie

This is so fun! I would have loved to have seen that. Stuff like this brings a smile to people's faces.
Those smiles are definitely needed at the moment

greekgal77

Those smiles are definitely needed at the moment
I know, that's what it is all about - making people smile - giving them something bright to enjoy despite what has been going on.

Did you know that most Cretan restaurants will serve you raki and watermelon after your meal?

Whether you ask for it or not, most restaurants in Crete will serve you raki and watermelon free of charge after your meal. This is part of the Cretan culture and is considered very hospitable and philotimo. I personally always looked forward to it and it was a great part of the dining experience.

Crete is the best place to explore Greek cuisine

Crete is absolutely the best place to explore the flavours of Greece! Many agricultural exports come from Crete, which makes it the best place to get the freshest ingredients. Crete also has many local dishes that are unique to the island which are great to try. Here are some links of some of the best restaurants on the island

Kouzeineri

Peskesi

To Pigadi

Theodosi

Visit the windmills in Lasithi Crete

These windmills are one of the most unique attractions on the island. They were a great source of sustainable energy, and provided irrigation to water plants in the summer months. There aren't many windmills left, and they currently stand as more of a tourist attraction than an energy source. If you would like to visit, they are located on the north end of the Lasithi plateau.

1656470340077.png

Elafonisi is hands down the best beach in Crete

Elafonisi is definitely one of the most beautiful and clear beaches on the island, and its a must visit for when anyone goes. The beach is located near Chania, which is at the most western point of the island. Here is a glimpse of what the beauty looks like.

Check out this amazing Cretan tune

Cretan music is truly one of the best! These songs are some of the most popular Cretan songs throughout time and are preformed here as covers by Konstantinos and Ilias Drougas. As you can see in the video, the group is dancing along using Cretan dances, which are pretty popular throughout Greece since the culture is so renowned. Let me know if you like it! I will be going to a wedding in Crete this summer and I am prepping :)

Share and discuss your Crete photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter