1 - 10 of 10 Posts

knicks_fan87

Hey, does anyone have any advice about what to do in Santorini? My wife is more of a beach type of girl, but I really like hitting the town and getting to know the locals (and seeing the architecture like in this pic). What do you all recommend for Santorini?

santorini1.png

nickstamoulis

Administrator
Staff member
Hitting the local areas is best especially in the Summer when its really busy!

My favorite beach is Kamara Beach:

kamara-beach1-720x540.jpg

k_tsoukalas

I think you could definitely do both - go to the beach by day - hit the town at night. Depending on how long you stay, you could also take some time to see the sites and maybe visit some of the beaches at night. The beaches are unique on Santorini because of the volcanic activity. I agree with Nick that Kamara Beach is one of the best on the island. There are also beach bars scattered throughout the island so you can get some nightlife AND see the beach at the same time. Chilli's has beach loungers and you can lounge with a cocktail sitting by the water during the day - best of both worlds!

paharo45

As I'm sure you know Santorini is known for its beautiful mountainside and architecture. The beaches are really great, especially the pink and white beaches. It's really unlike anything I've seen before…but there are excellent beaches everywhere in the world, especially in Greece. So it really depends on where else you're going for your trip, if you're hitting another beach destination, I would say skip the beaches in Santorini and enjoy the beautiful views and sunsets.

Reactions: dubai_suzie

greggd12

I went to Santorini years ago with my ex boyfriend, and I love the beaches!! The pink sand was so unique and luxurious and I would love to go again. Maybe try and hit the beaches and the town! Especially because both of you need to be happy and enjoy your trip!

TatianaS

Personally I don't go to Santorini for the beaches, although it's cool to see the pink and black beaches at least once. There are far better islands for beach lovers. Santorini has so much to explore from the vineyards to ruins to the efestio (lava). I'd spend your days exploring, eating and drinking in Santorini then take a ferry to Mykonos, Paros or Naxos for some amazing beach time!

My favorite memories of Santorini was walking around in the town. The streets are so small and island like, and there are some really great authentic stores to go shopping and get a taste of Greek fashion and handywork. Avoid the more touristy areas, like the streets with the Gucci and Louis Vuitton stores. That's not what Greece is really about.

Reactions: kosta_karapinotis
I totally agree, you definitely need a mix of both. And you would really be missing out on a huge part of Santorini, if you didn't visit the volcano.

Nea-Kameni-Santorini-720x479.jpg

redsoxdw_

Honestly in my opinion Santorini is not the best place for beaches, if you really want some great beaches, I would head to Zakynthos and service or Skopelos.

If you are visiting any other greek islands and you have limited time in Santorini i would skip the beaches and hit the town(oia.fira.pyrgos). Santorini being a volcanic island is not famous for the beaches but the caldera views will blow your mind.

Reactions: kosta_karapinotis

What is local Santorini culture like?

I've been to Santorini before (here's a beautiful picture from my trip), and I loved it but I'm curious as to what the traditional culture of the island is like. Does anyone know?

santo 2.png

What are the most famous/best Santorini wines?

Any wine recommendations for Santorini? I’ll be visiting soon and I want to see what all the hype is about and get a taste of the wines from the source!! Any winery tips would also be appreciated!

Drop your Santorini sunset pics!

I would love to see your Santorini pics!! Drop them in this thread :) I'll go first

Santorini-Sunset-720x480.jpg

How can I avoid the swarm of tourists in Santorini?

hey guys. do you have tips on traveling to Santorini but avoiding the swarm of tourist? my niece showed me a video that she took on one of the cliffs while she was filming the sunset and I have never seen so many tourists in my entire life. I would love to visit, but is there anyway to enjoy some peace and quiet while on the island?

Tips for going to the White Beach (no bathrooms or food!!)?

hey everyone, my friends and I would really love to visit the white beach. one of my coworkers said it was the best beach was ever been to. But there's no bathrooms or food… any advice on what to bring? I am used to beaches in Miami that are pretty much full service.

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter