1 - 2 of 2 Posts
J

John Stefan

What is it like living in Santorini? I have never lived there myself and I am curious what is it like as I would love to live there. I look forward to some replies.

kind regards John Stefan

Reactions: kosta_karapinotis

kosta_karapinotis

What is it like living in Santorini? I have never lived there myself and I am curious what is it like as I would love to live there. I look forward to some replies.

kind regards John Stefan
I know that many people living in Santorini now have geared their lives and careers towards tourism. There are also many people who live there seasonally, meaning that they only come during the Spring/Summer to setup their shops, hotels or restaurants for the touristic season. I have not lived there myself so that is the only insight I can give.

Reactions: John Stefan

Where to go shopping in Santorini Greece

Shopping in Santorini is one of the best experiences you can ever have because the shops are so unique and much of the stuff is handmade if you go to the right places. Santorini clothing has a very carefree and flowing vibe to it. Many of the clothes are white and made of linen, and match the colours of the island. The best places to shop is around Fira, the city center has the most ammount of stores and the greatest variety.

Have you ever heard of Santorini tomato fritters?

I had never heard of this until I stumbled upon this article. It sounds a bit strange but it's something that I'd love to try making, anything that from is from the island of Santorini sounds tasty to me. This is also a really good recipe for anyone who is fasting, or for anyone who is avoiding meat. I personally am a big fan of tomatoes and I will definitely be trying these out soon. What does everyone think?

Are there Santorini hotels that offer non guests to visit their pools?

I am in the process of choosing a hotel to visit in Santorini this summer and it seems that many of the hotels are smaller and more boutique style and don't have pools. Does anyone know if the bigger hotels with pools offer non guest day passes? I would still love to chill by the pool one day and order drinks and snacks to my pool chair. Any advice? Thanks :)

Has anyone taken a cruise to Santorini?

I've always considered whether it's a good idea to take a cruise around the islands, or just visit them myself. Has anyone taken a cruise around Santorini and the neighbouring islands? I don't know the pros and cons and whether it's a good value. I'm looking for someone with personal experience who can share a bit about their trip. If you have any specific companies that would also be great. Thank you in advance.
Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter