1 - 3 of 3 Posts

nadellii

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Here are some other places that have great tips about traveling to Santorini for the first time:

k_tsoukalas

It can be difficult to know where to start when going to Santorini. For me, my first time was during a cruise so I only had a few hours. I regret not taking a taxi to Oia while I did. Fira, the port we used, was great, but Oia is just so charming - it became one of my favorite places on the island once I did make it there.

Are there Santorini hotels that offer non guests to visit their pools?

I am in the process of choosing a hotel to visit in Santorini this summer and it seems that many of the hotels are smaller and more boutique style and don't have pools. Does anyone know if the bigger hotels with pools offer non guest day passes? I would still love to chill by the pool one day and order drinks and snacks to my pool chair. Any advice? Thanks :)

The best zeibekiko danced on Santorini island

This Zeibekiko was danced with so much passion! Bravo! I miss wandering the streets of Greece and stumbling upon a group of talented musicians and dancers. This is what truly makes Greece so beautiful, and especially the fact that they are able to share it with the world. The song is called Zeibekiko tis Eudokias for those who are wondering, it is one of the most famous zeibekiko songs.

The best times to visit Santorini

Santorini is one of those islands where the timing is super important! Unfortunately, the island gets super crowded and sometimes dare I say unpleasant because of the number of people and tourists. If you're willing to travel in the off season, I highly recommend it. September to October and April to May are the best times to go. I personally prefer mid September because I like a strong sun so I can get a good tan.

Donkey rides through Santorini

This is one of the main tourist attractions on the island! You can take a donkey all the way up or all the way down this long and twisty ledge. This is how the original islanders used to do it in the old days, and still do now!

Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter