1 - 6 of 6 Posts

nadellii

I have a soft spot for sunset photos that involve Greek windmills. I would love to see all your favorite photos, as well!

greek-sunset-photo.jpg

Last edited:

Deborah

B9C35AAD-F5EB-4465-93C5-EF9BFB627661.jpeg

Reactions: nadellii

Dionasia

1664646424414.jpeg

WaratahJohnT

A favourite sunset photo of mine. Across to the other side of the horseshoe bay at Paleros (Ionian coast). Lefkada island is also just in shot to the left of the photo, about 7 nautical miles away.
D90A5740-41B4-4ADC-8B88-3478F456F8DE.jpeg

k_tsoukalas

Oia has one of the best sunsets I have ever soon. Though I'd share a pic I found:

oia-santorini-sunset.jpg

nadellii

You guys have all shared some amazing photos - it's so inspiring. Thank you! Greece is beautiful, and the sunsets are all so spectacular.

Reactions: Dionasia

Traveling to Greece During Christmas

Has anyone here visited Greece for Christmas? I have only ever gone to Greece during the warmer months!

Specifically, I am trying to figure out if this is something I want to experience some day. I really want to learn about he real culture of Greece. I know, I have my traditions that have been passed down, but unless I go to Greece at Christmas someday, I am not sure I will ever truly understand.

Are things closed in Greece for December because of the holiday and will I have trouble as a visitor? I do have friends I can visit and maybe even stay with. It might be more fun that way.

Best Archaeological Museums in Greece?

I am thinking of retiring to Greece. Right now, I suspect it will be on Corfu, but I haven't quite decided. I will be visiting Greece next year to get a feel for things.

When I go, I want to make sure I visit some of the best Archaeological museums I can find - because learning about Ancient Greek History is one of my favorite things.

Here is my list -please let me know if I forget anything!

** The museum at the Acropolis.

** Archaeological Museum in Heraklion

** The one in Thessaloniki

** Archaeological Museum of Corfu

Did I miss any that I absolutely should see during my trip? I'll be about a month in Greece, so I should have time.

Islands for a Day Trip in Athens Area

I am now starting to think that Athens area is a good location for a getaway for me and my girlfriends. It seems like the Athens are has everything that we need, plus it's easy to get around without renting a car.

We are interested in going on a boat for a day trip and visiting an island - maybe using that to visit a beach that is a bit further away. Does anyone have recommendations? I have heard Hydra is easy to get to from Piraeus for the day.

World Travel Awards 2022: Greek Tourism clinches global distinctions

It has taken many years in the making as far back as 90s for Greece to be a Globally recognised Tourism Destination....by this I mean having worked in Tourism Industry every year there was a different country for incoming Tourism traffic.... now collectively the arrivals are International..... Very proud about this!❤️❤️👏👏!

Greece Sets Developing Wedding, Luxury Tourism as Priority

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
TikTok Pinterest YouTube