1 - 4 of 4 Posts

xmelissaa

I don’t love to carry cash around when i’m traveling because i’m scared of being pickpocketed, but I know in certain countries many stores and restaurants don’t have credit card machines or they prefer cash. What is everyone's experience? And what would you recommend?

vaggelis

Have a Little bit of cash with you,but Credit card you can use mostly everywere in Greece

nickstamoulis

Administrator
Staff member
I am kind of old school, LOL.

I bring cash for eating out and shopping (better discounts for cash!) and use the credit card for car rental, gas and shopping at supermarket (got to try to save money too!).image1-6-e1566512244373-720x960.jpeg

Joni T.

I don’t love to carry cash around when i’m traveling because i’m scared of being pickpocketed, but I know in certain countries many stores and restaurants don’t have credit card machines or they prefer cash. What is everyone's experience? And what would you recommend?
Last time we went to Greece (2015), the banks were in turmoil, so we knew ATM machines weren't going to be an option. We brought more Euros than we needed. We bought the body wallet to put under our clothing. While in Greece, however, we paid with credit card any time we could. The hotels took credit card, and a lot of restaurants and stores did. Some accept cash only, so we were prepared.

Should I use credit cards or cash while traveling in Greece?

What are the most useful Greek phrases while traveling?

Hey everyone, I just moved to Greece and I'm trying to learn as much Greek as possible. A lot of my friends aren't Greek though, so it's hard to keep up. I am planning on taking a few vacations to the islands in the summer...what are some phrases that I should know and use while traveling?

Peloponnese vacation pictures!

I would love to see all of your vacation pics from Peloponnese or the mainland! So many people forget that it's just as nice as the islands. This is a beautiful hotel I stayed at in Peloponisos that used to be a monastery

peloponesse.jpg

Is there gluten free food in Greece?

I've recently developed a gluten intolerance :( and it's so hard to travel because gluten free food is hard to find. Does anyone with a gluten allergy/intolerance have experience with this? Thanks :)

Celestyal Cruises

Has anyone out there ever taken a Celestyal Cruise to the Greek Islands? I'm really intrigued by the concept of taking one when I feel safe to travel. They sound like they provide more of a "Greek" flare to onboard activities than the likes of Princess or Viking cruises. They are actually booking now for May, 2021, for anyone who is interested in traveling to Greece.

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter