1 - 4 of 4 Posts

nm1999

What do you all recommend? I usually use taxis when I'm in Athens but I've never been to Rhodes before so I'm not sure what my game plan should be

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
My thought is I always rent a car in Greece. The driving can be tough in the city since there are so many people, cars and lack of parking (in Athens), but having the freedom to explore is so much fun!

Enjoy your trip to Rhodes!

Rhodes-1-720x576.jpeg

Reactions: mastichas09

mastichas09

If you prefer getting a rental car usually, then I would recommend one. Taxis are harder to use on islands and are really only beneficial if you're in Athens or Thessaloniki

k_tsoukalas

I've done it both ways- rented a car and also taken a taxi. Sometimes I don't even need a car, it all depends on the situation. One time, I had a trip where I took both approaches. I knew I wanted to visit a certain historical site that was a bit of a drive from my hotel, so I got a rental for just a few days and the hotel helped me arrange it.

Welcome to Pefkos, Rhodes

Pefkos is an absolutely amazing destination to go to on the island! It has a great beach and wonderful restaurants and coffee shops in the area. The beach is not overcrowded and I personally think its a great place to go with family and kids. There aren't too many organized activities on the beach but it is great for swimming. Here is a great areal view of the beach.

Tsambika beach is a beautiful sandy beach

I'm a big fan of peaches with fine sand, and clear water. If you are too then it's in Tsambika Beach is the place to go! There are many different options for organized beaches with chairs that you can pay for at Tsambika. Next to the beach is also a waterpark that you can visit and do many different activities and bring the kids. It's located on the eastern part of the island, near the Holy Monastery of the Virgin Mary. Enjoy!

We had snow last night on Rhodes

Most of the island had the snow.Even on coastal areas like faliraki & afandou. The 1st time in 35 years

The best wineries to visit in Rhodes

I've done quite a bit of research about the different types of wines in Rhodes and what wineries produce the best wine. Of course, wine are always up to your personal taste and no one can truly tell you what is the best wine for you. The most popular and successful wineries in Rhodes are Alexandris Family Winery, Kounakis, Tatakis, Kounakis and Piperis. If you've been to any of these, please let me know how your experience was!

Seven Springs in Rhodes is a great place for couples!

This is one of the most beautiful natural places on the island of Rhodes. In English, it's called Seven Springs, but in Greek it's called Epta Piges. These are natural springs that are open to the public. It is a particularly romantic place and great for couples, especially those on honeymoons. The springs are located in the woods, and have amazing scenery. It's the perfect place for a picnic and to spend the afternoon. I highly recommend that everyone visit!
Share and discuss your Rhodes photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter