1 - 6 of 6 Posts

acamp7

In another thread where I asked opinions about Mykonos, someone gave me an intriguing idea to spend some time on Delos. I looked it up and it looks amazing and so rich with history. There also seems to be a nice beach on the island to visit? Has anyone here ever been? I would love to hear your advice on this island, what to see, when to go, etc. Also, I couldn't find evidence that there was a place to stay on the island. Is there, or is it really just a day trip?

Reactions: Hash

Hash

In another thread where I asked opinions about Mykonos, someone gave me an intriguing idea to spend some time on Delos. I looked it up and it looks amazing and so rich with history. There also seems to be a nice beach on the island to visit? Has anyone here ever been? I would love to hear your advice on this island, what to see, when to go, etc. Also, I couldn't find evidence that there was a place to stay on the island. Is there, or is it really just a day trip?
I formulated Delos Guided Tours back in 1998 in many languages (before it was disorganized and chaotic) I have been there many times....it is not worth anyone's time to go 'Unguided'.....I don't know what you mean by the beach?...no you cannot stay there!....Rhenia is a cute island beside Delos....We used to take travellers to this gem on Yatch called Quarantine of Delos... look it up.. and Captian Farupos...his father used to live there (going back in time, sheep and goats running around)😂 ..... Barbecue and swimming possible....

Reactions: k_tsoukalas

k_tsoukalas

Thanks, Hash! That sounds like a lovely day trip! I have never really given this island a second thought. I didn't realize there wasn't a place to stay on the island. I have seen pics of the archaeological site and it looks fascinating.

Reactions: Hash

Hash

Hash

Thanks, Hash! That sounds like a lovely day trip! I have never really given this island a second thought. I didn't realize there wasn't a place to stay on the island. I have seen pics of the archaeological site and it looks fascinating.

Hash

Greece Sets Developing Wedding, Luxury Tourism as Priority

Greece Hits €12.7bn in Tourism Revenues in Jan-August

World Travel Awards 2022: Greek Tourism clinches global distinctions

It has taken many years in the making as far back as 90s for Greece to be a Globally recognised Tourism Destination....by this I mean having worked in Tourism Industry every year there was a different country for incoming Tourism traffic.... now collectively the arrivals are International..... Very proud about this!❤️❤️👏👏!

Athens car rental question

If I rent a car in Athens, do you think that I would be able to put it on a ferry to go to another island, like Crete?

My next trip to Greece is going to include visiting a bunch of people in Athens, not all of whom are in convenient locations to the metro, and then head to Crete. I like to have a car on Crete because I want to explore. I don't want to have to rent a car in two different places. Any suggestions?

Islands for a Day Trip in Athens Area

I am now starting to think that Athens area is a good location for a getaway for me and my girlfriends. It seems like the Athens are has everything that we need, plus it's easy to get around without renting a car.

We are interested in going on a boat for a day trip and visiting an island - maybe using that to visit a beach that is a bit further away. Does anyone have recommendations? I have heard Hydra is easy to get to from Piraeus for the day.
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
TikTok Pinterest YouTube