1 - 3 of 3 Posts

greek_ggirl

-Mount Olympus of course! You can hike to the top and see the excellent view
-The Parthenon! Tickets are pretty affordable and its one of the best sights in Athens. Just don't go when its super hot and sunny
-Delos Island! Delos is a Greek island and archaeological site in the Aegean Sea's Cyclades archipelago, near Mykonos
-Ithaca Island! Ithaca is the setting of one of the most famous myths of ancient Greece, the Odyssey.

Happy traveling!

Reactions: Vangelis

nadellii

-Mount Olympus of course! You can hike to the top and see the excellent view
-The Parthenon! Tickets are pretty affordable and its one of the best sights in Athens. Just don't go when its super hot and sunny
-Delos Island! Delos is a Greek island and archaeological site in the Aegean Sea's Cyclades archipelago, near Mykonos
-Ithaca Island! Ithaca is the setting of one of the most famous myths of ancient Greece, the Odyssey.

Happy traveling!
I would love to check these out!! Thanks so much for posting!!

k_tsoukalas

I a partial to Knossos Palace in Crete, home of the myth of the Minotaur. I haven't been, but Delphi seems like a good place to visit for mythology aficionados.

In your opinion, what is the wildest Greek mythology story?

I know there are some pretty wild and crazy Greek mythology stories that involve incest, murder, and even worse. I'm super curious to see what everyone's favourite and most wild story is. If you are able to share links of the full story, please do. I know some of them can be very complicated and long so I don't want to make you spend forever explaining them in the threads LOL.

These are the Argonauts ⚔️

The Argonauts are the lesser known heroes! They were a group of heroes who followed Jason to retrieve the golden fleece. According to the myth, there was about 90 of these warriors, who were pivotal in achieving the dangerous conquest of the fleas. The argonauts were named after Jasons ship, the Argos, which they used on their journey.

Did you know that you can book Greek mythology vacation packages?

I can't believe this even exists! But I'm so glad it does. This website offers vacation packages that are based on Greek mythology. If you've always wanted to go to famous places in Greek mythology, you definitely need to look into this. I've only been to a few locations on this list, but I definitely recommend Athens, Mount Olympus and Delphi for those that are interested in travelling through history and time while in Greece.

Did you know that Greek mythology has a princess of Thessaly?

Thessaly is the region in central Greece that exist today, but many don't know that in Greek mythology, there is a princess of Thessaly. Her name is Koronis and she was known for being extremely beautiful. She was actually so beautiful that Apollo fell in love with her and seduced her when he was in Thessaly. They made love and she became pregnant, and when Apollo left the island he left a white dove to care for her in his absence.

Who is Hestia in Greek Mythology

Hestia is the Greek goddess of the hearth, home, and of domesticity. She is the only Greek god and goddess who did and does not have an altar or temple dedicated to her since every home had a special altar for her, since she ruled the home life. She was also considered to be a virgin, since her role was in the home and in order to help out with the home she had to be pure. People would leave many offerings at their altars when there was any chaos or dysfunction in their households so that Hestia would resolve them.
Share and discuss Greek mythology!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter