1 - 4 of 4 Posts

cf_fraiser

I haven't heard of many people talk about Spetses on this forum… Which is super strange because it's one of my favourite islands! It's very easy to get to from Athens, and the shopping is just amazing. There are very unique boutiques, with handmade items from Greece, Italy, and Turkey. They are a little bit pricey, which is why I recommend that you try and barter if you can. Here are some of my favorite stores...

- Sea+Sun Spetses
- The Yachting Club Boutique
- Pasiphaë

ellinasgolfer0320

I went and did not like it. For what the island has to offer, I do not think it's worth the money.

Reactions: nadellii

nadellii

k_tsoukalas

I have never been! What is it that you like about it? Trying to figure out if it is worth going.

Post your Greece pictures! 😍

It's almost the end of the summer so I thought why not make a special place for all of us to share our pics! I was so grateful to visit again this year...man Greece just keeps getting better and better. I would love to see your pics. I'll be uploading from my phone soon!

How to book ferries in advance

If you’re going to be island hopping in Greece, I highly recommend that you book tickets in advance online when you know your itinerary. This is especially important if you’re traveling with a car. Of course you can buy them of the day of, but if you want to be sure that you’re going to get a spot, you should get yours online. The two best websites to use are ferryscanner.com and ferryhopper.com. The one thing that you have to make sure of is to check in online 24 hours before the ferry is scheduled to date. This will ensure that you were able to download war tickets and travel. Best of luck!

Who is eligible for a ferry discount

According to ferry hopper, the following groups are eligible for a discount with most ferry companies. I’m not sure what the documentation process is for verifying these statuses, so if anyone has experience please let us know! 😊
  • Toddlers (-100%)
  • Children (-50%)
  • Permanent residents of islands (holders of Unique Islander Number)
  • Students of Greek Public Universities (-50%)
  • People with disabilities (-50%)

Dont worry, you can always have breakfast on the ferry

I’ve taken countless ferries across the Greek islands, and I always seem to be rushing to get on the boat in time. One thing that I love about Greek ferries, is that there’s always a café on board where you can buy snacks, pastries, and coffee. It’s a little bit pricey, so keep that in mind. You can also get coffee from the ferry port! Safe travels 😊

There is a rental crisis in Greece

The rental crisis is getting worse all over the world, and especially in Greece. Many Greek people say that they spend the majority of their salary on rent, and the buildings are not in good condition. I have seen this myself with my own friends and family in Greece. Things are getting more and more unaffordable, especially as more and more people are moving to Greece. Something definitely needs to be done about this.

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter