1 - 6 of 6 Posts

acamp7

Thassos is one of the most peaceful islands ever!! There is so much nature and the water is so calm. It's one of the best weekend trips to take from Thessaloniki

Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 9.07.08 PM.png

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Amazing photo and great suggestion about visiting the island of Thassos!

Here is more information about Thassos:

Thanks for the post!

ladytina

This looks like such a stunning place! Thank you for sharing the gorgeous photo. So, it's a doable short trip from Thessaloniki?

k_tsoukalas

This looks stunning! How long is it from Thessaloniki?

Jerry s

Drive from Thessaloniki to Keramoti ( close to Kavala), about 2 hour drive on the motorway and take the ferry to Thassos a bit over 1/2 hour.

Reactions: paharo45

paharo45

I looove Thassos! The hotels are so so cheap :)

Thessaloniki is Greeces best city because its right on the water

Don't get me wrong I love Athens but its too much pavement and not enough breeze! I personally love Thessaloniki because it has beautiful views of the water and pretty good beaches nearby! :) :) I can't wait to go back this summer

Thessaloniki-720x482.jpg

Calling all artists! Submit your documentaries to the Thessaloniki documentary film festival

The Thessaloniki Documentary Film Festival is an annual international competition that showcases artists from around the world that create some of the best documentaries. The submission ends pretty soon on January 12! Your documentary must be over 70 minutes long to be eligible for entry into the film festival. I am excited too see all of the submissions and see who ends up winning the award! Best of luck to all of the filmmakers. Here is the link for more information https://www.athina984.gr/en/2022/01...st-apo-to-festival-ntokimanter-thessalonikis/

Visit Thessalonikis Christmas market!

What's better than a Greek Christmas market in Thessaloniki offering the best of the best from all around the city??! Christmas markets are a great place to walk around and enjoy the festivities and lights, and get some last-minute local gifts. I stumbled upon this link while researching some activities to do in the city for a friend of mine who has never been to Greece. If anyone else has some recommendations for Christmas time activities in Thessaloniki I would really appreciate it.

Learn about the impact of WWII on Thessaloniki at the War Museum

During World War II, Thessaloniki was faced more damages with over 800 buildings being destroyed and 231 people killed in November 1940 alone when Fascist Italy attempted to take the city. I learned about this rich history at the War Museum in Thessaloniki, which is also located very close to a bunch of other museums in the city like the Museum of Byzantine Culture and The Olympic Museum.

Are there any traditional Greek villages near Thessaloniki?

I love the feel of a small village. Is there anything near the city that I can visit?
Share and discuss your Thessaloniki photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter