1 - 6 of 6 Posts

acamp7

Thassos is one of the most peaceful islands ever!! There is so much nature and the water is so calm. It's one of the best weekend trips to take from Thessaloniki

Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 9.07.08 PM.png

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Amazing photo and great suggestion about visiting the island of Thassos!

Here is more information about Thassos:

Thanks for the post!

ladytina

This looks like such a stunning place! Thank you for sharing the gorgeous photo. So, it's a doable short trip from Thessaloniki?

k_tsoukalas

This looks stunning! How long is it from Thessaloniki?

Jerry s

Drive from Thessaloniki to Keramoti ( close to Kavala), about 2 hour drive on the motorway and take the ferry to Thassos a bit over 1/2 hour.

Reactions: paharo45

paharo45

I looove Thassos! The hotels are so so cheap :)

Pictures of Thessaloniki at night!!

Thessaloniki is one of the best cities in the world because its right on the water. I love visiting at night so that I can see the reflection of all of the twinkly lights. I don't mind the cool breeze either. If anyone has more pictures of the city at night I would love to see them!

Thessaloniki-720x480.jpg

Visit the monument of Alexander the Great in Thessaloniki

Perea beach is in the middle of one of the best resort towns!

Perea beach is my favourite beach in Thessaloniki! It's is also a town that has a thriving resort community, which means that there will be plenty of shops, restaurants, and cafes to explore while you are there.

Gulf-of-Thessaloniki-720x415.jpg

Are there trains from Thessaloniki to Athens?

I would love to travel quickly by train from Thessaloniki to Athens...is this possible?

Learn about the impact of WWII on Thessaloniki at the War Museum

During World War II, Thessaloniki was faced more damages with over 800 buildings being destroyed and 231 people killed in November 1940 alone when Fascist Italy attempted to take the city. I learned about this rich history at the War Museum in Thessaloniki, which is also located very close to a bunch of other museums in the city like the Museum of Byzantine Culture and The Olympic Museum.
Share and discuss your Thessaloniki photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter