1 - 3 of 3 Posts

ssherie_

I've always wanted some great resources to teach my neices and nephews who are Greek about their history and I finally found some! Check out these links
PreviewPreview3:48Ancient Greece | Educational Videos for KidsYouTube · Happy Learning EnglishFeb. 19, 2019
Facts about Ancient Greece for kids | National Geographic Kidshttps://www.natgeokids.com › discover › history › greece

Reactions: dubai_suzie

dubai_suzie

I've always wanted some great resources to teach my neices and nephews who are Greek about their history and I finally found some! Check out these links
PreviewPreview3:48Ancient Greece | Educational Videos for KidsYouTube · Happy Learning EnglishFeb. 19, 2019
Facts about Ancient Greece for kids | National Geographic Kidshttps://www.natgeokids.com › discover › history › greece
This is so cute!! Hopefully I can teach some Greek to my grandchildren, hopefully if my kids have any ahaha

k_tsoukalas

This isn't just great for kids! I learned a lot by reading the link, too. Great find!

Who was Ioannis Metaxas?

Ioannis Metaxas was the Prime Minister of Greece from 1936 to 1941. History looks at him as a general and dictator, but that may not necessarily give the whole picture. Sure, for the first four months of his stint as prime minister he did govern Greece with the constitution in mind. Yes, he eventually abandoned the constitution and formed the 4th of August Regime, but just looking at these events only gives part of the story. Here’s more detail into the life and career Ioannis Metaxas, one of the most recognizable names in modern Greek history. To say the least, the guy was HUGE in Greece!

How Greece joined the European Union

After World War II and Greece's Civil War, Greece had the opportunity to build itself back up again and renew it's a economy. A lot of European nations decided that creating a strong union would increase solidarity and improve the economy amongst the countries after World War II. Greece was influenced to sign the agreement and it officially join the European Union in 1981. There was a lot of back-and-forth on whether this was actually a good idea and whether it truly benefitted agrees to join. What do you all think?

European-Union-720x479.jpg

What are your favorite Greek inventions?

Mine is the water mill hands down! This revolutionized so many things and made a huge impact!! What is your favorite Greek invention?

water-mill-720x480.jpg

How do you celebrate Oxi Day?

How do all of you celebrate? I love attending any parades that are happening

Oxi-Day-720x480.jpg

What is the best topic for a history paper about Greece?

One of my friends is taking a modern Greek history course, and he's struggling to find a topic for hispaper. I told him about this forum, and I'm thinking that some of you history buffs would have good ideas. The paper is supposed to pinpoint a pivotal moment/change in Greek history and discuss how the leadership and government influenced this change. Any ideas?
Share and discuss Greek history!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter