francescool

1. Cerberus
2. Teumessian Fox
3. Echidna
4. Typhon
5. Sphinx
6. Hydra
7. Chimera

These monsters are some of the scariest and have the best stories in Greek mythology!! I suggest you read more about them in The Greek Myths by Robert Graves (that's the book I like)

hydra-720x509.jpg

k_tsoukalas

There are some horrible monsters in Greek Mythology. They really make some of the stories interesting! Here's one of my favorites:

What are some good Greek mythology tattoos?

I feel like Greek mythology tattoos are so cool, and a great way to showcase my love for Greek mythology. Ive seen some great art over the years, but does anyone have ideas for what would look good as a tattoo?

List of the best Ancient Greek and Greek mythology books!

These are some of the most popular Greek mythology books! I haven't read all of these, so please don't take my word for it completely but feel free to take a read and leave your reviews in the forum! The first two are ancient classics and the last two are modern takes by non-Greek writers. I think reading an array of Ancient Greek books will give you the most rich understand of the history and mythology.

1. Iliad (of course!)
2. The Odyssey
3. Circe by Madeline Miller
4. Pandora's Jar by Natalie Haynes

Spanish archeologists might have found the lost temple of Hercules

In December, at the Andalusian Institute of Historical Heritage’s Underwater Archaeology Center (CAS), Spanish archeologists found huge ruins that might be the lost temple of Hercules which archeologists all over the world have been hunting for. It was built by the Phoenicians before common era, and has been lost ever since. I'm so excited that this discovery has been made and I hope that it is recovered and shown in the museum soon!

This is my new favorite online show about Greek mythology!

I love this show :) so informative and gives great insight on ancient Greek culture, with great visuals. To be honest I love anything that the History Channel does.

The Titan God Atlas is the one who held up the world

Atlas is one of my favorite characters in Greek mythology...he is literally the one who held up the world with his extreme strength. He was sent to hold up the earth as a punishment after the war between the Titans and the Olympians.

atlas-720x961.jpg
Share and discuss Greek mythology!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter