1 - 3 of 3 Posts

mastichas09

Taking a test at the airport is so easy. I was trying to figure out a bunch of places to go to in downtown Athens and it was getting so complicated. You can book online using this link and choose Athens International Airport when it asks you to choose a test center

Reactions: HarryS and Hash

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks so much for sharing this useful information! 🇬🇷

Reactions: Hash

k_tsoukalas

Trying to Figure Out Where to Retire in Greece...

I am not quite there yet, but I am looking to retire in Greece - I just am not sure where is the best place to go. My family is originally from various places all over Greece, and I do have family and friends all over the country. However, I am not really tied to a particular location. I was thinking that Athens might be the best location for practical purposes - there's a lot to do, plus here are a lot more "services" there (hospitals, shops, restaurants, etc). However, it might be a little more expensive than other places in Greece? I am also looking at other places, like Peloponnese, Crete, Kefalonia, Zakynthos... What do you guys think?

Tourism One of Three Drivers of the Greek Economy!

An integral and integrated part of Greek economy..... just hope they formulate legislative framework and mandatory fair pay/play for all the employees in Tourism Industry.

Researching Expat Communities in Greece

I am considering retiring in Greece and I am trying to figure out where to settle. Someone gave some really great advice in another thread to find where there are strong expat communities. I think this is a great idea! Now, my question is, where are there some great communities? Here is a look at my initial findings. Agree, disagree, have anything to add?

Athens - I suppose this makes sense, since it is the country's biggest city.

Peloponnese - I like the idea of living here, but I am not sure if it is too far away from places.

Corfu - Seems like there are more expats here than other Greek islands? I could be wrong ...

Lounging on Astir Beach Near Athens

Whenever I am in Athens, I break up all the sightseeing and exploring with a good beach day. Astir Beach is one of my favorites. There's plenty of services nearby and it's in Vouliagmeni, which is a nice community on the outskirts of Athens.

Do you guys have a favorite Athens area beach?

I also like other beaches near Athens, but not as much as Astir. My list:

1. Schinisia Beach
2. Cape Sounion Beach
3. Glyfada Beach

Nearly 8 Million Tourists Visit Greece in First Half of Year

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter