1 - 3 of 3 Posts

mastichas09

Taking a test at the airport is so easy. I was trying to figure out a bunch of places to go to in downtown Athens and it was getting so complicated. You can book online using this link and choose Athens International Airport when it asks you to choose a test center

Reactions: HarryS and Hash

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks so much for sharing this useful information! 🇬🇷

Reactions: Hash

k_tsoukalas

Greece is the word for summer holidays.

What do you think of these essential Greek travel tips?

I would love to know what everyone thinks of these Greek travel tips, and if they are actually true and helpful. I feel like many people have so many biases about different countries, and they can have a completely different perspective from a local or the actual truth. Please let me know what your opinions are in the comments!

Did you know that you can see baby turtles being born in Zakynthos?

This is a super rare experience that only exists during a small period of the year in Zakynthos. I cannot seem to find the exact timing of the hatching season, so if anyone knows please let me know. One of the best places that you can find these young turtles is Kalamaki Beach, which also happens to be one of the most popular beaches for swimming in Zakynthos. The beach is a protected conservation area, which is why it is closed at night, so that the turtle eggs can hatch and the turtles can safely make their way into the water.

Check out my recommended travel itinerary for 2 weeks in Greece!

I have decided to share an itinerary that I send to all of my friends who want to go to Greece. I have travelled to quite a few places around the country, and feel like I have a good idea of where everyone should visit on their first trip. Of course, I always recommend a two week minimum one visiting Greece. There's just so many things to do, especially if you like the beaches and sightseeing. Let me know what you think!

1. Land in Athens and stay for 4 days (Acropolis, Monastiraki, Thisseio, Glyfada, Kolonaki, and Lykabitos are a must)
2. Spend 3 days in Paros enjoying the beaches and nightlife (Paros has the best of Santorini and Mykonos without being crowded or expensive)
3. Spend 2 days in another island of your choice that is not in the Cyclades (honorable mentions include Corfu, Lefkada, Skiathos)
4. Spend the remaining 5 days driving through Crete and visiting Chania and Rethymno (Elafonisi Beach is a must)

Porto Katsiki in Lefkada is one of the best beaches!

Porto Katsiki is definitely one of the best beaches in Lefkada and probably the west coast of Greece. I suggest that you go to the beach pretty early, as the parking gets filled up and it will be difficult to find free parking. I personally like to go to organize beaches, which there are plenty of. You can also find a secluded area of the beach that is open to the public, and you’re able to bring your own towels, umbrellas, and food. Enjoy!
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter