1 - 2 of 2 Posts

acamp7

The Thiseio neighbourhood is perfect for your stay in Athens because you are able to have access to some of the best sites. It is walking distance to the Acropolis, and Monastiraki as well as many different art galleries, shops, restaurants and cafés. When I stay in this neighborhood, I really don't find myself needing to stray and I can find everything I need in walking distance.

k_tsoukalas

The Thiseio neighbourhood is perfect for your stay in Athens because you are able to have access to some of the best sites. It is walking distance to the Acropolis, and Monastiraki as well as many different art galleries, shops, restaurants and cafés. When I stay in this neighborhood, I really don't find myself needing to stray and I can find everything I need in walking distance.
Great tip! Is there a hotel you like staying at when you are in the neighborhood or do you stay with friends or get an Air BNB?

Beautiful views from our day trip to Aegina

We took a wonderful day trip to Aegina from Athens! The ferry boat was so short and delightful. It took about one hour from Piraeus which is the country’s largest port. We rented an ATV which was about 35€ for the day and took it around the whole island. It’s definitely not touristy and much more quiet than other islands. I definitely recommend it for a quick getaway.

7FBADC0A-C80A-461C-8397-C0189933A9D5.jpeg

Researching the Temple of Poseidon

I am going to visit Greece soon to take some photos and enjoy the country in general (I am a photographer). One of the stops I plan to make is to the Temple of Poseidon and I was told to go at sunset. What do you guys think of that advice?

Anyway, ahead of the trip, I thought I would research the place a bit.... Does anyone have anything to add?

LAST MINUTE OFFERSON GALILEO!

If any one is lucky or has an opportunity to be on Galileo they will never ever forget these experiences.Many years I formulated an itinerary for Aris Drivas Yatching and Galileo was in Mykonos for an initial practice and presentation sailing around the Cyclades!I didn't have time to go sailing with her, just being on board and seeing her again moored in Syros for many days was just magical..

Check out this political tour of Athens

I stumbled upon this great social and political tour of Athens. Many people don't know the side of Greece, and it's extremely relevant. If you're interested in social issues or politics, I really recommend it. I didn't get the opportunity to actually do it myself, but there are really good reviews on Airbnb. The tour also gives you a taste of the different neighbourhoods in Athens, especially those that are relative to political movement such as Exarcheia.

Attica Group Inaugurates its 3 New AERO Highspeed Vessels

A truly corporate group of team, should have joined them back in the 90s.... sailed several times Ancona -Patra..... very memorable moments and experience.... unbelievable food onboard and ambience!♥️♥️
Share and discuss your Athens photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter