1 - 2 of 2 Posts

acamp7

Most of the tourist restaurants are closed during the winter months, so all of the great local spots will be open and full of locals! Meaning that the food is usually more authentic and better in quality because everyone is a repeat customer. Places will also be less busy and you will be able to dine with ease.

Reactions: Ladydi25

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Agreed!! It is really like that throughout Greece in the Winter months. No tourists and eating at the local spots is the best!

Reactions: Ladydi25

Make sure to book your covid tests early for traveling to Greece!

As rules are changing for every country (including Greece) I suggest that everyone book their COVID tests early because everyone is scrambling last minute to book theirs, especially during the holidays. Greece now requires a negative PCR test taken 72 hours before arrival to Greece. This new rule has recently come into effect for many countries as well, as before only unvaccinated people needed to take a covid test. I hope everyone to stay safe and wish everyone happy holidays!

Off to Greece! ✈️

Our trip got rescheduled because of an omicron outbreak in my friends village but thankfully everyone has recovered and is safe and healthy. Having recently recovered from COVID myself, I have antibodies and am able to travel safely. Thank goodness we are off to Greece! Safe travels everyone.

5166021C-3E2E-44B5-9B33-33970865A343.jpeg

"Epiphany"..... What a splendid explanation by Maria! !♥️🇬🇷🇬🇷

Greece just introduced an outdoor mask mandate!

As a result of the increase in cases of omicron, the Greek government just introduced an outdoor mask mandate meaning that everyone must wear a mask both indoors and outdoors regardless of where they are. This will change things up, but it will protect the public as more and more people are getting sick. It's not the biggest deal ever though because it is wintertime and it will be much easier to wear a mask versus the hot sweaty summer. Stay safe everyone!
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter