1 - 2 of 2 Posts

blopez34

This is a classic story from Greek mythology. As you will see in the video, this fleece was from a coveted golde ram whose hair was made out of gold. Anyone who was able to get their hands on this fleece would be considered a true king and would gain access to power over the land. This is where the story gets a little more complicated...

k_tsoukalas

This is one of my favorite stories. Thank you for sharing!

The story of Hercules

Hercules is probably one of the most famous Greek figures, having a famous Disney movie after his story. As most Greek mythology stories, his starts from a dark place, being unwanted by his family. The Oracle provided him with 12 labors that he needed to defeat. This video goes over all of them!

Kronos and Zeus had the most ultimate battle

I never even knew that Kronos and Zeus had a battle over the universe until now. Zeus was not always the king of gods....he actually had to beat Kronos in a battle to become the king. Zeus became the king meaning he had power over every single god and he also was able to carry out punishments, which he did using his power over controlling the weather. He is the best Greek god for sure!

Geographical Images of the Gods

There is a long-forgotten realm of gods, myths, and religions I stumbled upon years ago, and have been independently researching ever since. We are all familiar with the geographical image we commonly refer to as the “boot of Italy.” What has been lost for centuries is the knowledge that the ancients knew of many such images and created stories telling of those image’s imagined interactions. Today, many of those stories survive as myths.
To explain my discoveries, I’ve created a video presentation, Geographical Images of the Gods. View my presentation and you will see the goddess Aphrodite riding her seashell, Zeus wielding his thunderbolt, Adam, and Eve in The Garden, and much, much more.
I am currently looking for imaginative people who might become interested in researching this long-forgotten realm with me. There is still much to be discovered, and I can’t do it all alone.
You can view my presentation, Geographical Images of the Gods, at geographicalimagesofthegods.org. Your questions and comments are welcome.

Visit the temple of Poseidon in Cape Sounion

The temple of Poseidon is one of the mainlands most beautiful ancient Greek structures. The temple was built by the ancient Greeks in honor of the god Poseidon, who is said to be the god of the sea. Near the Temple, there are freestanding statues of young men. The temple was built strategically by the ancient Greeks, at the very tip of the mainland and overlooking the sea. That's why this temple is so beautiful to visit, since you have a great view of the ocean and the horizon.

List of Greek Myths that Happened on Crete?

I am making a list of places on Crete that have to do with Greek Mythology and I am wondering if I missed anything:

* Cave of Zeus (Diktaion)
* Knossos Palace
* Minotaur's Labyrinth
* Paximadia - I read someone this is where Artemis and Apollo were born supposedly?

Did I miss anything or get anything incorrect?
Share and discuss Greek mythology!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
TikTok Pinterest YouTube