1 - 2 of 2 Posts

blopez34

This is a classic story from Greek mythology. As you will see in the video, this fleece was from a coveted golde ram whose hair was made out of gold. Anyone who was able to get their hands on this fleece would be considered a true king and would gain access to power over the land. This is where the story gets a little more complicated...

k_tsoukalas

This is one of my favorite stories. Thank you for sharing!

Do you think Helen of Troy was abducted? Or did she escape willingly with Paris?

Many people think that Helen of Troy is a love story… but the details of the story are quite contested. She was said to be the most beautiful woman in the entire world, and the son of Zeus. Her image is depicted in so many ancient Greek illustrations and her beauty was referenced throughout many Greek mythological stories. In some versions of the myth, they depict Helen as Paris's lover, who willingly fled with him. On the other hand, other stories depict her as a victim who was abducted by Paris. What do you all think? Here is a link of the full story...

These are the Argonauts ⚔️

The Argonauts are the lesser known heroes! They were a group of heroes who followed Jason to retrieve the golden fleece. According to the myth, there was about 90 of these warriors, who were pivotal in achieving the dangerous conquest of the fleas. The argonauts were named after Jasons ship, the Argos, which they used on their journey.

Kronos and Zeus had the most ultimate battle

I never even knew that Kronos and Zeus had a battle over the universe until now. Zeus was not always the king of gods....he actually had to beat Kronos in a battle to become the king. Zeus became the king meaning he had power over every single god and he also was able to carry out punishments, which he did using his power over controlling the weather. He is the best Greek god for sure!

How accurate is the Thanos movie in comparison to Greek mythology?

Thanos is a popular Greek movie but also an important figure in Greek mythology. Im wondering if any Greek mythology geeks know anything about whether or not there is any historical accuracy in the movies. I'm not sure if these big blockbuster movie companies are actually doing their due diligence to research and do justice to the Ancient Greek Myths.

Have you ever wanted to read the Odyssey without reading the Odyssey?

If you're not a big reader like myself, this video is perfect! If you didn't know, the odyssey is one of the most important classical poems in Greece. It is a massive poem that reads like a book. It follows the story of Homer and his escapades throughout different areas of Greece after the Trojan War, specifically Ithaca. Let me know what you think of this summary.

Share and discuss Greek mythology!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter