1 - 3 of 3 Posts

efhernandez_

This is one of my favorite places to visit outside of Athens! It's considered a masterpiece of the Byzantine Empire and there are 11th century frescos, religious paintings, and icons. The monastery is right at the edge of the city of Athens in the suburb of Chaidari.

Daphni-Monastery-Athens-720x480.jpg

nadellii

Beautiful!!! Do you know if there are any famous icons located there?

xmelissaa

Are there student discounts for Athens museum tickets?

I just moved to Athens a few months ago but I haven't been to any of the museums because of the pandemic but I'm planning on going this summer. Does anyone know if there are student discounts for museum tickets?

What are your favorite things to do in Monastiraki?

I love to browse all of the amazing leather shops and buy gifts for my friends back home! What are your favorite things to do in Monastiraki?

monastiraki.jpeg

Pictures of downtown Athens

I love downtown Athens!! Drop your pics below :)

vouli.jpg

Where can I go horseback riding near Athens?

Are there any stables where I can go horseback riding near the city? My daughter loves riding horses and has always wanted to go on our vacations

What is shopping at the Athens laiki (farmers market) like?

I've always wanted to visit an authentic Greek farmers market (this is a pic of the one I go to in Toronto, I love it!). Are there any good ones in downtown Athens? If so, where are they and do you have any tips?

farmers market.jpg

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss your Athens photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter