1 - 6 of 6 Posts

amygdalE

The sacred Road from Athens to Eleusis is in disrepair and, anyway, I am too old and weak to take it, So, it would be nice for some of you to show it and the ruins of that sacred town, I will attach a study I made some years ago of some related paintings ,[My only correction: Toward the end of the essay: Replace "toilet" by "toilette" or Kore's preparation to meet her spouse.) Notice: Some pictures are copyrighted!

paharo45

The sacred Road from Athens to Eleusis is in disrepair and, anyway, I am too old and weak to take it, So, it would be nice for some of you to show it and the ruins of that sacred town, I will attach a study I made some years ago of some related paintings ,[My only correction: Toward the end of the essay: Replace "toilet" by "toilette" or Kore's preparation to meet her spouse.) Notice: Some pictures are copyrighted!
This is super interesting thank you for sharing

Here is a bit more info that I found online for anyone who doesn't know about this. "The “Sacred Way” was the road from Athens to Eleusis (Elefsina in modern Greek). It was the route taken by a procession celebrating the Eleusinian Mysteries that began at the Sacred Gate in Kerameikos (the Athenian cemetery) and ended at the Sanctuary of Demeter at Eleusis following the same course of today’s “Iera Odos”."

-https://mamakita.gr/following-sacred-way-eleusis/

Reactions: amygdalE

amygdalE

My attachment (a page from a defunct webside) is absent: Did it fail to be attached, or was it officially deleted? Unfortunately I was unable to cut out the heading, which may be inappropriate for "Worldwide Greeks".

My attachment (a page from a defunct webside) is absent: Did it fail to be attached, or was it officially deleted? Unfortunately I was unable to cut out the heading, which may be inappropriate for "Worldwide Greeks".
I copy pasted the link into my browser and it works just fine but I'm not able to click it directly on WWG

Reactions: amygdalE

amygdalE

Some of the best places to visit in Greece if you love Greek mythology!

-Mount Olympus of course! You can hike to the top and see the excellent view
-The Parthenon! Tickets are pretty affordable and its one of the best sights in Athens. Just don't go when its super hot and sunny
-Delos Island! Delos is a Greek island and archaeological site in the Aegean Sea's Cyclades archipelago, near Mykonos
-Ithaca Island! Ithaca is the setting of one of the most famous myths of ancient Greece, the Odyssey.

Happy traveling!

What are some good Greek mythology tattoos?

I feel like Greek mythology tattoos are so cool, and a great way to showcase my love for Greek mythology. Ive seen some great art over the years, but does anyone have ideas for what would look good as a tattoo?

Who was the royal family of Greece?

I had no idea that Greece had a royal family until I found out that prince Phillip was born in Corfu and did some googling...and im not even sure I understand how the British royal family connects to. the Greek royal family. Does anyone know why Greece even had a royal family in the first place? And what was their role in ruling the country?

Spanish archeologists might have found the lost temple of Hercules

In December, at the Andalusian Institute of Historical Heritage’s Underwater Archaeology Center (CAS), Spanish archeologists found huge ruins that might be the lost temple of Hercules which archeologists all over the world have been hunting for. It was built by the Phoenicians before common era, and has been lost ever since. I'm so excited that this discovery has been made and I hope that it is recovered and shown in the museum soon!

Movies inspired by Greek mythology that you should watch!

These aren't really "Greek" but they're great for those who love Greek mythology!

1. Disney's Hercules
2. Percy Jackson series
3. 300
4. Troy
Share and discuss Greek mythology!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter