1 - 1 of 1 Posts

greggd12

Kefalonia is home to the endangered caretta-caretta sea turtles! These sea turtles are slowly dying out, so its very important to be respectful of nature while traveling in Greece. Don't throw litter by the sea, or anywhere on the island. There are many beach areas that are protected during the mating period so make sure you follow the signs on the beaches as well. They lay eggs in the sand and stepping on the sand/eggs can be detrimental to the species.

My favorite winery in Corfu is Theotoky Estate Winery!

The Theotoky Estate Winery is family owned the estate has been passed down for generations! The current owner of the winery, Georges Theotoky, took over the estate during the 1960s when commercial wine-making was almost non-existent in Greece. It has some of the best tasting wine and I can't wait to go again

corfu-winery-720x480.jpg

The endangered sea turtles of Kefalonia

Kefalonia is home to the endangered caretta-caretta sea turtles! These sea turtles are slowly dying out, so its very important to be respectful of nature while traveling in Greece. Don't throw litter by the sea, or anywhere on the island. There are many beach areas that are protected during the mating period so make sure you follow the signs on the beaches as well. They lay eggs in the sand and stepping on the sand/eggs can be detrimental to the species.

Check out this Corfu travel guide video!

One of the best ways to plan your trip is watching videos online. I like to see the real thing so I know what to expect. Let me know what you guys think! Where would you go on your trip to Corfu?

Spiniada square in Corfu is the largest square in the Balkans!

Well, it's said to be the largest square in the Balkans...I'm not sure if it actually is. The area of the square used to be a fortification between the castle and the city. You can also check out Durrell’s Monument in the square. It was built to honor Gerald and Lawrence Durrell, an author and zoologist, who spent their early years on the island of Corfu.

spianada-square-corfu-720x480.jpeg

Who built Mon Repos Palace in Corfu?

I was browsing potential sites to visit in Corfu and I notices that Mon Repos Palace has very different architecture from different buildings in the area and Greece in general. As you can see it has a point at the entrance which I've never seen before. Does anyone know why this is?

mon-repos-palace-corfu-720x480.jpg

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss your Corfu photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter