1 - 7 of 7 Posts

greggd12

Kefalonia is home to the endangered caretta-caretta sea turtles! These sea turtles are slowly dying out, so its very important to be respectful of nature while traveling in Greece. Don't throw litter by the sea, or anywhere on the island. There are many beach areas that are protected during the mating period so make sure you follow the signs on the beaches as well. They lay eggs in the sand and stepping on the sand/eggs can be detrimental to the species.

Reactions: acamp7

acamp7

Here is a good video about the turtles

kef_john68

I went to Kefalonia once a long time ago and I actually remember the turtles. It is an amazing thing, and I wold love to see it again one day.

Reactions: nadellii

nadellii

I went to Kefalonia once a long time ago and I actually remember the turtles. It is an amazing thing, and I wold love to see it again one day.
Hopefully they don't go extinct before then!! Because I would love to go too

kef_john68

Panos

Kefalonia is home to the endangered caretta-caretta sea turtles! These sea turtles are slowly dying out, so its very important to be respectful of nature while traveling in Greece. Don't throw litter by the sea, or anywhere on the island. There are many beach areas that are protected during the mating period so make sure you follow the signs on the beaches as well. They lay eggs in the sand and stepping on the sand/eggs can be detrimental to the species.
Zakynthos also is home to the endangered caretta x2 turtles.

Reactions: xmelissaa

xmelissaa

Zakynthos also is home to the endangered caretta x2 turtles.
I didn't know that!! Thanks. Do you know where in Zankynthos I can see them? Do I have to go on a guided tour?

Palaia Peritheia is Corfus ghost town

This place used to be the richest village on the entire island on the entire island, but today there are only empty houses and churches left with no inhabitants. Super eery but great for a visit to see how people once lived. check it out!

Mouse island is only a five minute boat ride from Corfu!

Mouse Island (Pontikonisi) is only a five-minute boat ride away from Corfu is amazing!! It is said have the remains of Odysseus’s ship after Poseidon turned it to stone. The beaches are stunning and there is a great view of Kanoni across the water. There is also a Byzantine chapel of Pantokrator and may have served as the inspiration for the famous painting Isle of the Dead.

Pictures of the best scenery in Corfu

These are my favorite pics of the island!! Where are your spots for the best scenery?

Corfu-2-720x478.jpg

angelokastro-castle-corfu-720x477.jpg

Best ice cream spot in Sidari, Corfu!!

The best is Kelly's Ice House for sure! Its an ice cream place, they also offer other foods, such as pancakes, to enjoy. You might want to eat your food sitting on one of the tables outside so you can fully enjoy the beautiful weather!
Share and discuss your Corfu photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter