1 - 4 of 4 Posts

blopez34

This is a must visit beach in Santorini! The sand is grey from the volcano which is what makes the beach so unique, its my favorite

capecolumbo.jpg

• Love
Reactions: mastichas09

tomipark

This beach is for sure one of the best places I've been to! I've never seen anything so unique

Is the beach close to the volcano?

k_tsoukalas

This is a lovely beach. I am not sure how close it is to the volcano, in order to get to the volcanic area, my understanding is that you need to take a boat tour. Here's information about the volcanic area:

Jarred Santorini capers are one of the best souvenirs

Capers are local to Santorini and one of the best souvenirs. Just make sure that they're jarred and sealed because you cannot travel with it on the plane.

capers.jpg

How can I get to the volcano hot springs from Oia, Santorini?

Does anyone know what is the easiest way to do this? It's always been my dream to visit a volcanic hot spring! Thanks

Visiting Emporio Village, Santorinis largest village

Emporio village is only about 12 kilometers from Fira and it is incredibly close to the village of Perissa. I would recommend hiring a taxi or taking public transportation to get to the village.

emporiovillage.jpg

The beautiful Zoodochos Pigi Cave

I've always wanted to visit the natural springs in the Zoodochos Pigi Cave! If any of you have been please let me know if you would go again!

zoodochos-pigi-cave-santorini-720x477.jpg

Check out the Santorini wine museum

At the museum you can sample the wines and learn about the history of Santorini and the history of wine making! I suggest taking a guided tour and picking up a bottle on the way out

santorini-wine-museum2-720x540.jpg

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter