1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Did you know that the Ancient Athenians had their own distinct style from the rest of Ancient Greece? Many of the vases are destroyed and you cant see the designs, like in the picture below. But I love the black and terracotta color geometric style

greekvase.jpg

Reactions: mastichas09

dimi_pat

Each region of Greece had it's own artistic style! I've always like the Athenian and Cretan (Minoan style)

Reactions: mastichas09

k_tsoukalas

What is the history of the marathon?

I know that the marathon originated in ancient Greece...but what is the history and how did we end up with the modern day marathon?

Why did the Greek civil war start?

Does anyone know a bit more about why the civil war in Greece started?

What is the history of the split between the Catholic and Orthodox church?

I know the answer is probably super complicated...but I never actually knew what happened and how we ended up with so many different types of Christianity. Can anyone elaborate or recommend any good documentaries that are historically accurate?

What was the history of the Attic Greek Dialect?

I've heard very little about this dialect... but I know that many important Greek philosophers, writers, and thinkers spoke this dialect! Does anyone know a little more information about this dialect?

How was Byzantine Morea named?

Does anyone know how the Byzantine region known as Morea was named? It's so beautiful

morea.jpg

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss Greek history!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter