1 - 3 of 3 Posts

dimi_pat

Im not sure if this is the best representation because im not an economist, but just something to help others get a better idea of what happened in 2008 and what Greece is recovering from. We've been through a lot as a culture and a country but we've remained so strong!

k_tsoukalas

Well, I am not an economist either but it truly does look like a great overview of the situation. Thank you for sharing!

Vangelis

And for a great deal more detail about the troika negotiations (blackmail) that led to the closing of the banks in Greece, Yanis Varoufakis' book "Adults in the Room" is a good read.

Reactions: nm1999

What is the most debated topic in Greek history?

I'd love to start a couple of debates and great conversations! I'm definitely not looking for a fight, just trying to have some engaging conversations. What are the biggest debates that you and your friends or family get into about Greek history?

What is the difference between the Roman and Byzantine empire?

This is something that has always confused me. I've seen people use the words Roman and Byzantine interchangeably, but I'm pretty sure that the Roman empire was led by the Italians, and the Byzantine empire by the Greeks/Romans. Does anyone see my confusion here? And is someone able to clarify?

Can you pass this Greek geography quiz?

I'm so curious to see how much everyone knows about Greek geography. Personally, I know very little so it's super interesting to see how actual Greeks did with these questions.

What do you think of the movie Alexander?

I've seen many different opinions of this movie, most of them debating its historical accuracy and the actors portrayal of these characters. I am very curious to see what everyone else thinks. Personally I am happy to see that Alexander the great story made it to the big screen, and with such great and famous actors. But I would love to see a little bit more history and culture in the movie.

"Cloudy Sunday" or "Ouzeri Tsitsanis" is a fantastic Greek film about love during Nazi occupation

This is one of Greece's best historical time piece films. The story follows a love between a Christian boy and a Jewish girl during the Nazi occupation in Greece. The story of occupation is not widely known around the world, but it is something very near and dear to Greek peoples hearts. It was a very dark time during Greece history, and the effects of the occupation were very strong, especially on the countries Jewish and Roma population. Let me know if you like this film.

Share and discuss Greek history!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter