1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Hash

efhernandez_

Wow these are much lesser known islands that I wouldn't normally think to visit!! I might change my travel plans this summer and go to Amorgos.

Reactions: Hash

Hash

Wow these are much lesser known islands that I wouldn't normally think to visit!! I might change my travel plans this summer and go to Amorgos.
Good thinking.... TripAdvisor Amorgos....
Here is Google maps link!
Amorgos
Stay away in busy months.... just call a restaurant or a hotel and ask for advice when it is most appropriate to visit and not pricey!... they will guide you correctly....

Reactions: kosta_karapinotis

How to rent motorcycles and atvs in Greece

Of course, the process is going to be different depending on where you are in Greece, but for the most part the rules are the same. You will need an unexpired drivers license to rent an ATV. Some websites will say that you need an international drivers license, but I've never been asked for one. If you want to rent a motorcycle, you will need a motorcycle license. You might be able to get by if you let the people know that your experience, but I highly recommend that you bring yours. It's as simple as that!

Post your Greece pictures! 😍

It's almost the end of the summer so I thought why not make a special place for all of us to share our pics! I was so grateful to visit again this year...man Greece just keeps getting better and better. I would love to see your pics. I'll be uploading from my phone soon!

Essential Greek travel tips!

Here are a few key Greek travel tips for this summer that I think you would find helpful

1. Don't throw toilet paper in the toilet
2. You can always find a pharmacy that's open 24 hours, they alternate which ones are open in a specific radius
3. Masks are required on ferries

Please feel free to add more in the comments! :)

How much money do you think Greece made from tourism last year?

If you guessed 27 billion euros you would be right! This is a huge increase from 2020, where Greece only made 15.5 billion euros, which dropped because of covid. in 2019, this number was even greater at 38.2 billion. Tourism is a huge portion of the country GDP and contributes to building the economy greatly. Bravo to the people of Greece!

Marathonisi Islet is a wonderful place to visit in Zakynthos

I never see people talking about Marathonisi Islet and I don't know why! The islet is right across from Laganas Beach and is not inhabited by any locals. Its simply a beautiful piece of untouched nature that is great for a day trip.
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter