1 - 2 of 2 Posts

efhernandez_

I always admired how Greek myths taught us so many lessons in life, enjoy :)

Reactions: Vangelis

k_tsoukalas

This is a very fascinating story to me. Seems almost like a cautionary tale Ancient Greek parents would tell their kids! The takeaway for me? Don't let your ego get in the way ... How about you guys? What do you think it is about?

Have you ever wanted to read the Odyssey without reading the Odyssey?

If you're not a big reader like myself, this video is perfect! If you didn't know, the odyssey is one of the most important classical poems in Greece. It is a massive poem that reads like a book. It follows the story of Homer and his escapades throughout different areas of Greece after the Trojan War, specifically Ithaca. Let me know what you think of this summary.

Did you know that Chronos (Greek god of time) is the father of the Olympians?

Chronos who is the Greek god of time actually had children! And many as many Greek gods and goddesses do, he had many! He had six children who are known as the Olympians. Their names are Chiron, Zeus, Hera, Posiden, Hades, Hestia and Demeter. They are perhaps some of the most important figures in Greek mythology, which is why it shocks me that so few people know that they are all Chronos' children. Not surprisingling, there was a lot of drama and incest that occurred between these siblings. Let me know if you'd like for me to post more about them!

In your opinion, what is the wildest Greek mythology story?

I know there are some pretty wild and crazy Greek mythology stories that involve incest, murder, and even worse. I'm super curious to see what everyone's favourite and most wild story is. If you are able to share links of the full story, please do. I know some of them can be very complicated and long so I don't want to make you spend forever explaining them in the threads LOL.

Unknown Deity

A near to unknown God of greek mythology had come to attention, This God is the youngest of the Greek deity’s and may live among us today. T

His name is Somnios

the only source of information found about him is in a book underneath the temple of Apollo .
According to the scripture he is the son of Apollo and Apate
He is the God of bad dreams, Deception ( shared with his mother) Jealousy, double meanings, paranoia, negative thinking, paranormality, curses, spirits.
According to Apollo’s manuscript
Somnios lives today as a human and reincarnates when the the body dies

Did you know that you can book Greek mythology vacation packages?

I can't believe this even exists! But I'm so glad it does. This website offers vacation packages that are based on Greek mythology. If you've always wanted to go to famous places in Greek mythology, you definitely need to look into this. I've only been to a few locations on this list, but I definitely recommend Athens, Mount Olympus and Delphi for those that are interested in travelling through history and time while in Greece.

Share and discuss Greek mythology!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter