francescool

This is my favorite myth of all time :)

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Great video thanks for sharing!

Here is more information about the myth of pandora's box:

k_tsoukalas

This is a really good one. The video was an excellent find!

This is how Hercules became immortal!

Hercules is my favorite character in Greek mythology! Hercules was a demigod and he earned his freedom and immortality (turning him into a God) by completing tasks set to him by Eurystheus, King of Tiryns and Mycenae. These were called the twelve labours, one of which was killing the minotaur.

List of the best Ancient Greek and Greek mythology books!

These are some of the most popular Greek mythology books! I haven't read all of these, so please don't take my word for it completely but feel free to take a read and leave your reviews in the forum! The first two are ancient classics and the last two are modern takes by non-Greek writers. I think reading an array of Ancient Greek books will give you the most rich understand of the history and mythology.

1. Iliad (of course!)
2. The Odyssey
3. Circe by Madeline Miller
4. Pandora's Jar by Natalie Haynes

Some of the best places to visit in Greece if you love Greek mythology!

-Mount Olympus of course! You can hike to the top and see the excellent view
-The Parthenon! Tickets are pretty affordable and its one of the best sights in Athens. Just don't go when its super hot and sunny
-Delos Island! Delos is a Greek island and archaeological site in the Aegean Sea's Cyclades archipelago, near Mykonos
-Ithaca Island! Ithaca is the setting of one of the most famous myths of ancient Greece, the Odyssey.

Happy traveling!

The myth of medusa explained!

I found this cool video that explains a bit about the story of Medusa which is my favorite story in Greek mythology! I feel that she is so misunderstood and seen as an evil character when in reality she's one of the most powerful characters who is just cursed.

Check out this Greek mythology podcast!

I thought I would share this podcast for any fellow Greek mythology lovers who like to listen to a podcast on their commute or their morning walks. I love a little dose of mythology throughout my day and Im so happy that this podcast shares a bit of Roman mythology as well! There is so much more that I don't know about mythology that I've been learning just by listening to a few episodes. Hope you enjoy

Share and discuss Greek mythology!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter