1 - 1 of 1 Posts

xmelissaa

I absolutely love fried eggplant! Even though it's a pretty simple recipe, I've seen a lot of people miss a crucial step. In order to make sure that the eggplant is super crispy on the outside but soft on the inside (yet not wet and mushy) you need to let your eggplant sit with salt so that all of them moisture is drawn out. All you have to do is slice the eggplant, sprinkle it with salt, and let it sit on paper towels for about 15 min. Wipe away the water that has been drawn out, and then dip your eggplant in an egg wash mixture, and then in flour that is seasoned with salt pepper and oregano. I lightly fry it in a shallow pan with olive oil until it's crispy on the outside, and then you're ready to go!

Fried-Eggplant-Gyro-720x480.jpg

How do I make Greek lamb kabobs?

Does anyone have a good recipe for lamb kabobs? They look something like this:

Ground-Lamb-Kebabs-720x1079.jpg

How to make authentic Greek moussaka (Greeces national dish)

If you don't know how to make this dish then do you really love Greek cooking??? Just joking, let me know if you like this recipe :)

Pictures of the beautiful Mykonos

Mykonos is such a beautiful island, don't take it for granted just because it sometimes gets a bad reputation!! Post your Mykonos pics so we can see the true Mykonos
Mykonos-720x480.jpg

How do you make Greek style lobster?

Is lobster a popular dish in Greece? Is there a way to make Greek style lobster? Please let me know if you have any idea! :) Thanks

How to make avgolemono so you can put it on everything

Avgolemono can be put on literally everything!! I like to put it on gemista and dolmadakia :) This is how you make it

Ingredients: 1-2 cups broth or pan juices from the dish for which you are making avgolemono, 2 eggs, Juice of 1-2 lemons

Gradually beat in a spoonful at a time of hot broth until the mixture is very warm. Slowly pour the egg mixture into the pot with the rest of the hot broth and stir continuously until the sauce thickens slightly. Do not allow to boil because it will cook the eggs and the sauce will separate.

And this is what it looks like
Egg-and-Lemon-Sauce-720x483.jpg
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter