1 - 2 of 2 Posts

axariotisxy

What is the religous significance of this church? I would love to visit but I don't know enough about it, thanks!

tomipark

It's one of the oldest churches in Greece and is a designated world UNESCO site!! It has served as the metropolitan church of Thessaloniki for many years. Because of this, it has become a very popular spot for tourists and for faithful people to visit and pray.

Paintings at the Agios Nikolaos Organos Church!

This is a church that everyone should visit when going to Thessaloniki! The paintings are absolutely beautiful and some of them date back from the 1300's which is what makes the church so unique. Has anyone been?

Have you been to the Teloglion Foundation of Art in Thessaloniki?

Apparently this museum has more than 8,000 pieces of artwork. Does anyone know what type of artwork is at the foundation and can you let me know if you liked it or not. I would love to visit with my friends who love art. Thanks!

What can I do in Egnatia, Thessaloniki?

The Egnatia Quarter looks amazing! (My friend took this pic while she was there). I'm planning on visiting when I'm in Thessaloniki...and I'm wondering what else can I do in the area?

Egnatia-Neighborhood-Thessaloniki-720x480.jpg

What is your favorite place to go to in Thessaloniki?

Do you have any recommendations? I'm looking to do something adventurous :)

The beautiful Agia Triada Beach in Thessaloniki

Agia Triada Beach is one of the most popular beaches in Thessaloniki but I haven't been yet. I don't usually think of beaches when I think of Thessaloniki but judging by this picture it's a must see! What are your thoughts?

agiatriada.jpg

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss your Thessaloniki photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter