1 - 2 of 2 Posts

redsoxdw_

I have faith that things are slowly getting better. Have hope everyone, some fires and clearing up but others are still burning. I am praying for everyone in Greece

Screen Shot 2021-08-10 at 1.26.57 AM.png

• Love
Reactions: Vangelis

Vangelis

That's great news! That for letting those of us that are imprisoned on a convict island know about Athens and how it is going. I was so worried with all the news reports of the fires. Great to hear that it is at least clearing up in Athens.

The best neighborhood to stay in Athens is Thiseio

The Thiseio neighbourhood is perfect for your stay in Athens because you are able to have access to some of the best sites. It is walking distance to the Acropolis, and Monastiraki as well as many different art galleries, shops, restaurants and cafés. When I stay in this neighborhood, I really don't find myself needing to stray and I can find everything I need in walking distance.

Youve never seen Athens like this before

Athens is the most stunning city in the world. Never has there been a city that blends Ancient ruins and modern architecture so beautifully. This drone only captures parts of how beautiful this city is. If you're visiting Athens, I recommend that you take your time and explore all parts of the city, both ancient ruins and modern nightlife. Some of the must see places are the Acropolis and the Acropolis museum of course, and having a coffee at the museum cafe where you will have an excellent view of the acropolis.

Up-to-date Athens Festival Guide!

Cape Sounion is a beautiful destination near Athens

Cape Sounion is a beach that is south of Athens, known for its beautiful hotels and luxury restaurants. I've attended so many weddings in the area, as it is one of the most popular destinations for families that live in the Athens or mainland area. One of the best parts of the area is that you can catch a great view of the Temple of Poseidon, here is what it looks like:
Share and discuss your Athens photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter