1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Hash

The statues of Cleopatra and her husband Dioscurides were placed by the entrance of their house to greet the guests. Delos island, Cyclades, Greece. https://t.co/t2gzPx0K9yScreenshot_2022-01-13-16-06-02-623_com.twitter.android.jpg

greekgal77

I have been intrigued by Delos for some time - seems like there are a lot of great artifacts there. I didn't realize Cleopatra and her husband were depicted here!

Reactions: Hash and seleanor

seleanor

I have been intrigued by Delos for some time - seems like there are a lot of great artifacts there. I didn't realize Cleopatra and her husband were depicted here!
Me neither! I love Kleopatra!!

Reactions: Hash

Hash

Me neither! I love Kleopatra!!
When I was working promoting Delos Excursions we asked my Tour Guides to recreate a model village of what Delos would have looked like it's original days....A Majestic and powerful force to reckon with....All the Tour Guides received standing ovations and .... lots of tips.... rightfully deserved....The poor Tour Guides working every day in unbearable heat and sometimes 5/6 Guided Tours per day... Respect and Salute for them♥️♥️...I remember them all well.My sentimental and meaningful contribution to the Greek Tourism Industry.

Reactions: greekgal77

greekgal77

When I was working promoting Delos Excursions we asked my Tour Guides to recreate a model village of what Delos would have looked like it's original days....A Majestic and powerful force to reckon with....All the Tour Guides received standing ovations and .... lots of tips.... rightfully deserved....The poor Tour Guides working every day in unbearable heat and sometimes 5/6 Guided Tours per day... Respect and Salute for them♥️♥️...I remember them all well.My sentimental and meaningful contribution to the Greek Tourism Industry.
It would have been amazing seeing a tour like that!!! I was looking at some photos and Delos looks so interesting.

Reactions: Hash

Hash

It would have been amazing seeing a tour like that!!! I was looking at some photos and Delos looks so interesting.
It is!!......The museum is now reburised and modernised, if you have an opportunity to visit,do it in April/Early May..... you will see the island full of red Poppies,Chrysanthemum and other pretty colorful flowers.... Kalley Mera from Thailand.

Reactions: greek_ggirl

greek_ggirl

It is!!......The museum is now reburised and modernised, if you have an opportunity to visit,do it in April/Early May..... you will see the island full of red Poppies,Chrysanthemum and other pretty colorful flowers.... Kalley Mera from Thailand.
Stunning! I've never seen red poppies in Greece

Where the name “Greece” comes from

Many people might be surprised to find out that Greek people don’t actually call Greece, “Greece.” They use the word Hellas/Hellada. this is the word for Greece, in the native tongue. Greece comes from the Latin word “Graecia” which was first used by the Romans. It then spread all across the world, which is why many different countries called Greece, Greece instead of Hellada.

Did you know about Ukraines historical Greek community?

Greeks are all over the world! Even in Ukraine, making them more vulnerable to the war that is going on right now between Ukraine and Russia. This Greek minority has been in Ukraine since Ionians came from the city of Miletus in Asia Minor in around 7th century BC. They settled in an area called Mariupul which as named after the Virgin Mary. Over time these Greeks developed their own culture and dialects, but unfortunately many have been forced to leave ever since the war.

Did you know that dozens of ancient theaters are still operating in Greece?

Theater was a huge part of the ancient Greek civilization, and it's still important in modern Greece today. Greeks loves theater, and you were always see flyers for different shows going on. Many of these are presented in ancient amphitheatres that were built thousands of years ago. If you're in Greece, I really recommend that you check one out. There are even plays for young children.

Here is a list of showings around Greece: https://parallaximag.gr/theatro

You can use a google translate browser add on to translate the page.

How Egypt influenced Ancient Greece

Ancient Egypt and Greece hav had so much influence over each other, perhaps more than any other ancient civilizations. This article specifically focuses on the impact of Egypt on Ancient Greece.
Share and discuss Greek history!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter