1 - 5 of 5 Posts

francescool

Atlas is one of my favorite characters in Greek mythology...he is literally the one who held up the world with his extreme strength. He was sent to hold up the earth as a punishment after the war between the Titans and the Olympians.

atlas-720x961.jpg

Reactions: Hash

Hash

Atlas is one of my favorite characters in Greek mythology...he is literally the one who held up the world with his extreme strength. He was sent to hold up the earth as a punishment after the war between the Titans and the Olympians.

View attachment 778
What a punishment!.... Fabulous image!❤️.... Kalley Mera from Thailand..

Reactions: toniiv

toniiv

What a punishment!.... Fabulous image!❤️.... Kalley Mera from Thailand..
This is how I feel at work on a Monday LOL

Reactions: Hash

Hash

This is how I feel at work on a Monday LOL
Only on Monday!?😂..... That's ok.... working in Tourism industry every one feels like this every day in summer season..... That's why we walk like that all winter!!😂😂😂..... Kalley Mera from Thailand and monsoons...

Reactions: nadellii

nadellii

Only on Monday!?😂..... That's ok.... working in Tourism industry every one feels like this every day in summer season..... That's why we walk like that all winter!!😂😂😂..... Kalley Mera from Thailand and monsoons...
Did you only work in the summer months?

Did you know about the fountain of youth in Greek mythology?

Many different cultures have fountain of youths in their folklor. And the fountain appears many times in Greek mythology. One place where it appears is with Hebe. Hebe was the Greek mythological goddess who represented youth, and she was also the cupbearer of the gods on Mount Olympus. Since she is the goddess of youth, she is also associated with early tales concerning a water source that some believe is the fabled Fountain of Youth. However, any references to this water source concerning Hebe were not overtly referred to as this fabled fountain. The myth seemed to have grown much later.

The Titan God Atlas is the one who held up the world

atlas-720x961.jpg

The myth of Icarus and Daedalus, a myth we could all learn life lessons from

I always admired how Greek myths taught us so many lessons in life, enjoy :)

The myth of the Golden Fleece (Jason and the Argonauts) is my favorite

This is such a beautiful myth. I remember reading it when I was a teen and it really got me into Greek mythology. I hope you enjoy it

Elpis was the god of hope and suffering in ancient Greece

Elpis, the minor Greek goddess of hope, appears in just a few of the epics and histories past down. The fatherless daughter of Nyx, goddess of night, might be classified more as a spirit, or daemon. She is generally referred to as a young woman offering flowers. Her biggest part in the Greek tales is that in Pandora’s Box, where she was used to provide the “moral of the story”. Elpis, the minor Greek goddess of hope, who was so linked to suffering and the plight of mankind provides a momentary reflection in Greek mythology. Her appearance in the unexplained ending of Pandora’s Box will forever give historians and curious readers serious thought for debate. Though Elpis may be originally an undesirable spirit in Ancient Greece, she becomes the mother of Pheme, or fame, which they revered.
Share and discuss Greek mythology!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter