1 - 11 of 11 Posts

francescool

Atlas is one of my favorite characters in Greek mythology...he is literally the one who held up the world with his extreme strength. He was sent to hold up the earth as a punishment after the war between the Titans and the Olympians.

atlas-720x961.jpg

Hash

Atlas is one of my favorite characters in Greek mythology...he is literally the one who held up the world with his extreme strength. He was sent to hold up the earth as a punishment after the war between the Titans and the Olympians.

View attachment 778
What a punishment!.... Fabulous image!❤️.... Kalley Mera from Thailand..

Reactions: toniiv

toniiv

What a punishment!.... Fabulous image!❤️.... Kalley Mera from Thailand..
This is how I feel at work on a Monday LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Vangelis and Hash

Hash

This is how I feel at work on a Monday LOL
Only on Monday!?😂..... That's ok.... working in Tourism industry every one feels like this every day in summer season..... That's why we walk like that all winter!!😂😂😂..... Kalley Mera from Thailand and monsoons...

Reactions: nadellii

nadellii

Only on Monday!?😂..... That's ok.... working in Tourism industry every one feels like this every day in summer season..... That's why we walk like that all winter!!😂😂😂..... Kalley Mera from Thailand and monsoons...
Did you only work in the summer months?

Reactions: Hash

k_tsoukalas

This is a cool story and an interesting thought. I find myself referencing this story sometimes when I am trying to express when I feel like I have a lot going on in life. I'll say that I feel like I have a heavy burden, like Atlas. If Atlas falls over, earth goes tumbling.

Hash

Yes, but my season preparations began in March/April when everyone else involved in the tourism industry is slowly coming into the island.... when it is high season, myself only taking care of operations, when all begin to wind up their season in October my duties would be multifold as season end responsibilities were the opposite to others in the industry!.Hence it would take many months to unwind and chill!

Hash

This is a cool story and an interesting thought. I find myself referencing this story sometimes when I am trying to express when I feel like I have a lot going on in life. I'll say that I feel like I have a heavy burden, like Atlas. If Atlas falls over, earth goes tumbling.
I assure you are not alone in feeling how you feel!..♥️♥️

Reactions: kosta_karapinotis

kosta_karapinotis

Hash

Definitely so!
Our world has changed forever and time to adapt, adjust,and accept the changes as they happen....I have built up travel phobia within myself ( definitely not about Covid!! ) flying nowadays.... Just the thought of masks+16 hours of flying.... and I have been flying all my life, sometimes 2/3 times a week when I was younger.......I have been told I am not alone!...this is the norm!😂😂... Kalley Mera!

Reactions: acamp7

acamp7

Our world has changed forever and time to adapt, adjust,and accept the changes as they happen....I have built up travel phobia within myself ( definitely not about Covid!! ) flying nowadays.... Just the thought of masks+16 hours of flying.... and I have been flying all my life, sometimes 2/3 times a week when I was younger.......I have been told I am not alone!...this is the norm!😂😂... Kalley Mera!
I am definitely super scared of being in large crowds...for me its just not worth it. I'd rather catch covid from doing something that I love not from being in the supermarket or something like that. If im going to catch it, it better be worth it!

Roman mythical men?

Does roman mythology have any sort of "mythical men" similar to the spartoi?

These are the Argonauts ⚔️

The Argonauts are the lesser known heroes! They were a group of heroes who followed Jason to retrieve the golden fleece. According to the myth, there was about 90 of these warriors, who were pivotal in achieving the dangerous conquest of the fleas. The argonauts were named after Jasons ship, the Argos, which they used on their journey.

Antigone is one of the most twisted Greek myths of all time

There are so many twisted and strange Greek myths that exist, but Antigone is probably one of the most freakish in my opinion. Antigone is the child of Oedipus and Jocasta, who is his mother. That makes Antigone the product of incest, and both the daughter and grandchild of Jocasta, and the daughter and sibling of Oedipus. The myth of Antigone is more focused on her efforts to bury her brother, Polynices. But personally all I can focus on is this twisted nature of her existence! The Greek gods were one hell of a people LOL.

Aion is the Greek god of time

There are many Greek mythological gods that represent some of the most important concepts in humanity, most importantly: time. Aion is the Greek god of time in addition to Chronos. Most of them share this responsibility, but Chronos came first in the timeline of the Greek gods. He is a symbol of the long reign of the Roman Empire and has a female counterpart known as Aeternitas. I couldn't find much more information, but if someone knows more about him please let me know :)

An Ancient Magical Spell?

In many parts of the world many people or magicians attempted to avert evil by either using amulets or uttering commanding dispelling words. In my native town (founded by Italic Greeks [Throurioi] in 204 B.C., in southern Italy, as I mentioned before) there is a magical spell , which I learned there before moving to New York, but it is in corrupt Latin form, while the local dialect is a bundle of Greek, corrupt Latin, and corrupt Italian words. Its contents make me suppose that it is a late version of a Greek spell:
"uottu e nove, fore mal'uocchiu" literally = "eight and nine, outside/away [be] the evil eye".
Fore = Latin Fore
Mal'uocchiu = male uocchiu < Lat. Malis/Male + Oculus
8 e 9 mean nothing to me, but I have an hypothesis: those words are an invocation to the 8 Chthonic gods and the 9 Celestial or Olympian gods -- not so classified by Hesiod, but probably by Dorians.
The Celestial gods would be , as in the oldest myths, Ouranos and Gaia, plus, from later myths, Selene or Artemis, Ares, Hermes, Zeus, Aphrodite, Chronos, Helios or the Solar Apollo. The Chthonic [terrestrial and underground] gods would be Hades, Poseidon [of fresh and salty waters], the triple-goddess
Hekate [originally the One Below, Khthonie herself; Hekate Phosphoros in Hades; but also identified with Selene/Artemis], the Chthonic Apollon or [Thessalian] Haplos, and two others: Demeter, the mother of grain vegetation, personified as Kore, and Kore, who after Hades' abduction, was identified with Persephone.
So it seems.
Share and discuss Greek mythology!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter