1 - 2 of 2 Posts

blopez34

The island of Delos has been uninhabited since the ancient times. In Greek mythology, it is considered to be the birthplace of Apollo. The island is full of ancient Greek history, and it now stands as an archeological site that people can visit near the island of Mykonos. In just about a week, there will be a concert which will bring musicians from around the world to hold a special concert on the island. I have my fingers crossed that we'll see more and more of these performances over time, and the tourists will be able to visit the site and see some more parts of modern Greek culture like this concert.

k_tsoukalas

The island of Delos has been uninhabited since the ancient times. In Greek mythology, it is considered to be the birthplace of Apollo. The island is full of ancient Greek history, and it now stands as an archeological site that people can visit near the island of Mykonos. In just about a week, there will be a concert which will bring musicians from around the world to hold a special concert on the island. I have my fingers crossed that we'll see more and more of these performances over time, and the tourists will be able to visit the site and see some more parts of modern Greek culture like this concert.
How did the concert go? Do you know if there are anymore? This is so cool!

Why you wouldnt survive life in Ancient Greece

Is Ancient Greece actually as great as it seemed? We always talk about the great accomplishments of Ancient Greeks but fail to talk about the fact that there was so much slavery and war during the time. It was a dangerous place where many people were forced into violent wars between the Ancient Greek City States. This is the less talked about truth!

Did you know that dozens of ancient theaters are still operating in Greece?

Theater was a huge part of the ancient Greek civilization, and it's still important in modern Greece today. Greeks loves theater, and you were always see flyers for different shows going on. Many of these are presented in ancient amphitheatres that were built thousands of years ago. If you're in Greece, I really recommend that you check one out. There are even plays for young children.

Here is a list of showings around Greece: https://parallaximag.gr/theatro

You can use a google translate browser add on to translate the page.

These are the best Ancient Greek plays to watch

Ancient Greek plays are amazing and so full of history. You can watch these plays live in Greece, or in some cases you can see renditions in other languages in other countries. I haven't seen many different plays available online unfortunately. In my opinion the best plays are Antigone, Odepus and Promotheus!! If you're able to go watch these plays in the Epidavros, I highly recommend it.

Trailer for Smyrna, Greek American historical drama

I am so excited to see this movie! It beautifully depicts the crisis of Smyrna, and shows the lives of those that were affected by the genocide. Let me know what you think of this trailer, and if you're thinking to watch it as well. I'm currently trying to find a link for the full movie online, but having some trouble.

Life Aboard Onassis' Legendary Yacht 'Christina .

I don't know where it is appropriate to post this....I think it is best here as it is past and little gossipy.....
Be interesting what others think of it .... Christina O was always moored behind our house in Kalafatis beach @Kalo Livadi nearly all summer....on charter and private use.....
Share and discuss Greek history!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter