1 - 6 of 6 Posts
J

John Stefan

I was always curious and still am how would the world have been if the Persians won against the Greeks? How would that have changed the course the world? I look forward to some replies.

kind regards John Stefan

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
This is a great thought provoking question! So many things would be different, only one can speculate! Thanks for the questions 🇬🇷🇬🇷

greggd12

I think one of the main things that would be different is the architecture, democracy and philosophy. Thats what I see as the biggest impact that Greece has had on the world. I would assume that many modern day governments would be influenced by Persian philosophy and government structures. The Persian empire was very strong and had a lot to offer the world. Its interesting to think about

Reactions: John Stefan
J

John Stefan

I think one of the main things that would be different is the architecture, democracy and philosophy. Thats what I see as the biggest impact that Greece has had on the world. I would assume that many modern day governments would be influenced by Persian philosophy and government structures. The Persian empire was very strong and had a lot to offer the world. Its interesting to think about
Does this mean that the world would still be governed by Monarchs who have aboslute powers worldwide instead of democratic governments and that the world would be worshipping only Zoroastrianism gods nowdays? I look forward to your reply.

kind regards John Stefan

J

John Stefan

This is a great thought provoking question! So many things would be different, only one can speculate! Thanks for the questions 🇬🇷🇬🇷
No Problem. I always love to ask good questions. What is your answer to my question of this thread? I look forward to your reply.

kind regards John Stefan

I was always curious and still am how would the world have been if the Persians won against the Greeks? How would that have changed the course the world? I look forward to some replies.

kind regards John Stefan
Everyone in the world would be gay

Reactions: John Stefan

How Egypt influenced Ancient Greece

Ancient Egypt and Greece hav had so much influence over each other, perhaps more than any other ancient civilizations. This article specifically focuses on the impact of Egypt on Ancient Greece.

These are the best Ancient Greek plays to watch

Ancient Greek plays are amazing and so full of history. You can watch these plays live in Greece, or in some cases you can see renditions in other languages in other countries. I haven't seen many different plays available online unfortunately. In my opinion the best plays are Antigone, Odepus and Promotheus!! If you're able to go watch these plays in the Epidavros, I highly recommend it.

The statue of Kolokotronis

Built in 1895, the statue of Kolokotronis stands in Athens near the public university. The statue was built in honor of him and his victory in the independence from the Ottoman Empire in liberating Greece. He is known as one of the most famous figures in Greek history, and one of the pivotal figures in creating the modern Greece that we know of today. There are many monuments of him all over the country, but the one in Athens is perhaps the most iconic. I recommend that you visit if you’re in the area.

Here is how Ancient Greeks celebrated the summer solstice

Perhaps this will give you some inspiration for your own celebration of the solstice! In many different ancient societies, solstices are an extremely important, including Ancient Greece. To celebrate the solstice, the ancient Greeks held a festival each year. The summer solstice was also used as a signifier as to win the Olympic games would be held.
Share and discuss Greek history!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter