1 - 3 of 3 Posts

mastichas09

The rental crisis is getting worse all over the world, and especially in Greece. Many Greek people say that they spend the majority of their salary on rent, and the buildings are not in good condition. I have seen this myself with my own friends and family in Greece. Things are getting more and more unaffordable, especially as more and more people are moving to Greece. Something definitely needs to be done about this.

Reactions: Hash

k_tsoukalas

The rental crisis is crazy! It's sad that the Greek people are spending so much on rent. I wonder what can be done?

Vangelis

I knew this was happening in the centre of Athens due to airbnb but I wasn't aware of the outer suburbs going through this rental crisis as well. It's a shame that Greeks have to suffer so much. I can only hope that the situation improves as more jobs are created and the unemployment rate decreases.

How to book ferries in advance

If you’re going to be island hopping in Greece, I highly recommend that you book tickets in advance online when you know your itinerary. This is especially important if you’re traveling with a car. Of course you can buy them of the day of, but if you want to be sure that you’re going to get a spot, you should get yours online. The two best websites to use are ferryscanner.com and ferryhopper.com. The one thing that you have to make sure of is to check in online 24 hours before the ferry is scheduled to date. This will ensure that you were able to download war tickets and travel. Best of luck!

The amazing Sarakiniko beach in Milos

Sarakiniko beach is probably one of the most stunning ones that I’ve ever been to. I went two summers ago, and from what I’ve heard Milos is becoming more and more popular by the month. I absolutely love this island, especially this beach. It’s a great spot to view the sunset and take photos. I definitely recommend it!

C1740A01-A232-4532-A673-70C8B5DBBDD3.jpeg

Post your Greece pictures! 😍

It's almost the end of the summer so I thought why not make a special place for all of us to share our pics! I was so grateful to visit again this year...man Greece just keeps getting better and better. I would love to see your pics. I'll be uploading from my phone soon!

Check out this stunning port near Piraeus

Right next to Piraeus is Port Alimos which houses smaller sailboats and yachts. The area has a beautiful cafe that overlooks the water called Día Noche where many sea goers stop and lunch before and after their trips. If you’re interested in taking a trip around the mainland or to neighboring islands I highly recommend you get in contact with someone from the port.

9C101161-3815-40F0-88B0-E2F8FA97F56B.jpeg

Greek travel tips for the summer!

I don't know if you've been paying attention to the news lately, but airports are super busy and understaffed. Especially in Canada. When you're travelling to Greece this summer I highly recommend that you bring a carry-on and don't check any luggage. This will make the process so much easier. I also recommend that you check in online, and if you have TSA pre-check or nexus, use that for sure. Greece just changed the rules this year and you don't need to fill out a plf form, so you're all set on that end.
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter