1 - 3 of 3 Posts

dimi_pat

Just so that any travelers are aware, there was an earthquake in Kefalonia last week so there might be a few aftershocks. Greece is known for earthquakes, so this is nothing new and many of the buildings are built to withstand earthquakes

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for reporting this to our community!

Here is a good resource for earthquake activity for Kefalonia:

k_tsoukalas

Thanks for reporting this to our community!

Here is a good resource for earthquake activity for Kefalonia:
Definitely! Thank you so much for reporting this.

The Kefalonia-Ithaca Geopark is now an official member of the UNESCO World Geoparks Network

This is huge news for Kefalonia and the conservation of the geopark. This means that UNESCO will play a pivotal role in supporting efforts to educate about and preserve the sustainability of the geopark. This will have an impact on tourism and help sustain some of the eco-tourism efforts that we have been seeing all around Greece. Bravo to the government and the municipality of Kefalonia!

The island of Kefalonia just published brand new tourism videos!

These official videos have just come out and they're stunning. There's a few different ones, this one focuses on food and gastronomy but there are others such as Destinations, Nature etc. The quality of these videos is so amazing and I am sure that it is going to attract very many tourists. I am even considering visiting the island myself even though I never had it on my list. I am so excited to see what else they come out with!

Weather in October in kefelonia

Hi there would like to visit during the uk half term from 21st October but could you tell me what the weather is usually like and if the bars and restaurants are still open at this time of year. Thank you

Have you ever been to the Castle of Assos in Kefalonia?

The Castle of Assos is an old Venetian fortress that has been left over from the Italian occupation of the island. Today, it is a beautiful pile of ruins that tourists can visit and learn about the history of Greece. You can hire a guy to take you around the different parts and explain the history, but I don't really recommend them as most of the information is available online if you're willing to do your own research. Please let me know if you've ever been! I would love to learn about what you thought of the castle.

Single travellers

I am arriving in Argostoli at the end of May. I am a single traveller, dont drive, quite elderly! Anyone have suggestions re trips/excursions? (Am a seasoned visitor to the island).
Share and discuss your Kefalonia photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter