1 - 4 of 4 Posts

acamp7

Now that so many places are hit by winter storms, and we're all closing up inside and staying far away from the omicron variant… I thought it would be nice to share a few of my favourite Greek soups for the winter time. These soups are super hearty and will keep you full and warm for a long time. I like to make some of them in advance and freeze them, or put them in jars to use throughout the week. For the recipes with beans, you can use the canned beans or fresh beans, depending on how much time you have.

1. Fakes (lentil)
2. Yourvalakia (meatball)
3. Fava (yellow split pea)
4. Avgolemono (egg lemon)

k_tsoukalas

I love soup year round but it's extra special in the winter. I also love the white bean soup and also a simple vegetable soup. Avgolemono is my all time favorite though.

ellinasgolfer0320

Fasolada is another good one

Reactions: francescool

francescool

I love fish soup with lemon and rice!

Recipes using feta cheese!

These are the best recipes that you can make from feta cheese! You can also sprinkle feta cheese on pretty much anything, but I like to incorporate it into these :) I like to use Greek feta cheese brands like dodonis, it's a traditional Greek brand that they now sell in the US

1. Tiropita
2. Briam with feta cheese
3. Feta saganaki
4. Whipped feta cheese dip

How to make refreshing mussels saganaki for the summer

Mussels might seem like an intimidating dish to cook, but they're actually pretty easy. I like to get fresh mussels from a fishmonger or a grocery store when they are available. I make sure to clean them really well on the outside to get all of the sand out, and I boil them once until they open and quickly rinse them so any sand inside will escape. After that, I follow this recipe and they come out perfect!

How to make a refreshing watermelon drink for the summer!

Now that it's heating up, I thought it would be very helpful for everyone in the World Wide Greeks community to make a watermelon drink for the summer! Whether you are going to be in Greece or in your home country, you can still make this drink. I must say though, that the water melons in Greece can't be beat! The recipe is very simple, and doesn't require much preparation. Here it is...

-Cut up 1 whole watermelon and blend in a blender in batches
-If the mixture is very thick, you can add water to your liking so that it is more like a juice rather than a smoothie
-if you like, you can add many different flavour variations like mint, orange juice, or lemon. I prefer mint :)
-Strain to remove seeds
-Add ice and serve!

Did you know that fresh mint can help cure nausea?

Greeks have been using herbs for medicinal purposes for generations, and these recipes and tips have been passed down from generation to generation. Greek spearmint or mint is one of the best ways to cure nausea and an upset stomach. Of course, if you have a serious medical illness you should seek the help of a doctor because mint is not a replacement for medical treatment. Next time you feel ill and nauseous, try adding mint to your herbal tea and see what happens!

Pasteli is a wonderful sweet snack

Pasteli is one of the best snacks that you can keep in your bag when youre on the go! Its made of sesame seeds and honey and is super healthy. You can think of it as the Greek version of granola bars. The recipe is super simple, and if you'd like to make it I have attached some recipes below. 😀

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter