1 - 8 of 8 Posts

nm1999

If you're looking for old towns and beautiful architecture, there are a few standout places that you have to visit!! I love Thessaloniki old town because there is also great things to do all around the city and it is by the water. Chania old town is also great, and Crete is one of my favorite islands! Finally, I highly recommend going to Monemvasia, it is so beautiful and has amazing small shops with local artists and craftsmen.

Also Delphi-nauplio-corinthos-mycaene

dubai_suzie

Reactions: airporttransfer.gr

k_tsoukalas

If you're looking for old towns and beautiful architecture, there are a few standout places that you have to visit!! I love Thessaloniki old town because there is also great things to do all around the city and it is by the water. Chania old town is also great, and Crete is one of my favorite islands! Finally, I highly recommend going to Monemvasia, it is so beautiful and has amazing small shops with local artists and craftsmen.
Chania in Crete is my personal favorite, aside from the Plaka area in Athens. I truly haven't met an old town that I don't enjoy.

ladytina

I am a huge fan of Chania old town! It is one of my favorite "old towns" in Greece. I also enjoy Lindos on Rhodes, as well as the Plaka in Athens.

Reactions: efhernandez_

efhernandez_

I am a huge fan of Chania old town! It is one of my favorite "old towns" in Greece. I also enjoy Lindos on Rhodes, as well as the Plaka in Athens.
Plaka is a beautiful place to visit galleries and shops! I always get the best gifts from there :)

ladytina

Plaka is a beautiful place to visit galleries and shops! I always get the best gifts from there :)
Oh my gosh, me too. And I love shopping for jewelry there.

Reactions: knicks_fan87

knicks_fan87

Marathonisi Islet is a wonderful place to visit in Zakynthos

I never see people talking about Marathonisi Islet and I don't know why! The islet is right across from Laganas Beach and is not inhabited by any locals. Its simply a beautiful piece of untouched nature that is great for a day trip.

Greek travel tips for the summer!

I don't know if you've been paying attention to the news lately, but airports are super busy and understaffed. Especially in Canada. When you're travelling to Greece this summer I highly recommend that you bring a carry-on and don't check any luggage. This will make the process so much easier. I also recommend that you check in online, and if you have TSA pre-check or nexus, use that for sure. Greece just changed the rules this year and you don't need to fill out a plf form, so you're all set on that end.

Use Greek yogurt as a cream for when you are sunburnt!

This is a great Greek travel hack! The next time you get sunburnt in Greece, lather on some full fat Greek yogurt to soothe your skin. The yogurt acts as a moisturizer and also soothes the skin from the burn. You can also buy special creams from natural ingredients at Greek pharmacies for burns, but this is an alternative option for when youre in a pinch. Of course, you can find Greek yogurt at pretty much any pharmacy.

There is a rental crisis in Greece

The rental crisis is getting worse all over the world, and especially in Greece. Many Greek people say that they spend the majority of their salary on rent, and the buildings are not in good condition. I have seen this myself with my own friends and family in Greece. Things are getting more and more unaffordable, especially as more and more people are moving to Greece. Something definitely needs to be done about this.

Essential Greek travel tips!

Here are a few key Greek travel tips for this summer that I think you would find helpful

1. Don't throw toilet paper in the toilet
2. You can always find a pharmacy that's open 24 hours, they alternate which ones are open in a specific radius
3. Masks are required on ferries

Please feel free to add more in the comments! :)
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter