1 - 6 of 6 Posts

redsoxdw_

These are the islands where my favorite wines are from! Ive only been to Santorini and Mykonos to try their amazing wines in person but Paros and Nemea are next on my list!! I always like to book a tour of the best wineries on each island that I visit because I like to do a tasting and buy a few bottles to enjoy for dinner with my family. Please let me know if there are any other locations that would be great for wine tasting! Cheers

Santorini
Paros
Mykonos
Nemea

greek-wine-720x480.jpg

Reactions: Hash

dimi_pat

I love wine!! Will definitely have to start going to wineries to get some fresh and authentic wine

Hash

These are the islands where my favorite wines are from! Ive only been to Santorini and Mykonos to try their amazing wines in person but Paros and Nemea are next on my list!! I always like to book a tour of the best wineries on each island that I visit because I like to do a tasting and buy a few bottles to enjoy for dinner with my family. Please let me know if there are any other locations that would be great for wine tasting! Cheers

Santorini
Paros
Mykonos
Nemea

View attachment 763
Most certainly!!...I will let you know later after asking my many friends there!

Last edited:
Reactions: seleanor

seleanor

Most certainly!!...I will let you later after asking my many friends there!
Please do!! I would love to know as well :)

Reactions: Hash

Vangelis

This was a really nice Retsina I tried last time I was in Greece

Retsina_20190614_214921_small.jpg

Reactions: efhernandez_

efhernandez_

Good Wedding Destinations in Greece?

I am not Greek, but I love the country. I am looking at it as a potential wedding destination. Does anyone have any advice? I have no idea where to start. Someone said to find a wedding planner in Greece. Also, I am not 100% sure on the destination but I have narrowed it down to the following places:

1. Milos
2. Crete
3. Santorini
4. Mykonos

Any advice that you have for me would be great. I am excited for this chapter in my life, but I have no idea where to start. I would think that I need to find a destination before I hire a wedding coordinator?

Where to go - Santorini Vs. Mykonos?

I am trying to plan a trip to Greece. I do have some time because it won't be happening this year. I realized that I won't really have time to visit both Santorini and Mykonos, but I am also having a very difficult time trying to figure out which to visit. A big pro of Mykonos is that I love nightclubs. I think it would be fun to experience the nightlife there. However, I am completely captivated by Santorini and how charming it looks, and I am not sure if I even need nightlife on this trip... I don't know, I just want to hear your thoughts. It might help me make a decision!

Trying to Figure Out Where to Retire in Greece...

I am not quite there yet, but I am looking to retire in Greece - I just am not sure where is the best place to go. My family is originally from various places all over Greece, and I do have family and friends all over the country. However, I am not really tied to a particular location. I was thinking that Athens might be the best location for practical purposes - there's a lot to do, plus here are a lot more "services" there (hospitals, shops, restaurants, etc). However, it might be a little more expensive than other places in Greece? I am also looking at other places, like Peloponnese, Crete, Kefalonia, Zakynthos... What do you guys think?

Nearly 8 Million Tourists Visit Greece in First Half of Year

Lounging on Astir Beach Near Athens

Whenever I am in Athens, I break up all the sightseeing and exploring with a good beach day. Astir Beach is one of my favorites. There's plenty of services nearby and it's in Vouliagmeni, which is a nice community on the outskirts of Athens.

Do you guys have a favorite Athens area beach?

I also like other beaches near Athens, but not as much as Astir. My list:

1. Schinisia Beach
2. Cape Sounion Beach
3. Glyfada Beach
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter