1 - 6 of 6 Posts

redsoxdw_

These are the islands where my favorite wines are from! Ive only been to Santorini and Mykonos to try their amazing wines in person but Paros and Nemea are next on my list!! I always like to book a tour of the best wineries on each island that I visit because I like to do a tasting and buy a few bottles to enjoy for dinner with my family. Please let me know if there are any other locations that would be great for wine tasting! Cheers

Santorini
Paros
Mykonos
Nemea

greek-wine-720x480.jpg

Reactions: Hash

dimi_pat

I love wine!! Will definitely have to start going to wineries to get some fresh and authentic wine

Hash

These are the islands where my favorite wines are from! Ive only been to Santorini and Mykonos to try their amazing wines in person but Paros and Nemea are next on my list!! I always like to book a tour of the best wineries on each island that I visit because I like to do a tasting and buy a few bottles to enjoy for dinner with my family. Please let me know if there are any other locations that would be great for wine tasting! Cheers

Santorini
Paros
Mykonos
Nemea

View attachment 763
Most certainly!!...I will let you know later after asking my many friends there!

Last edited:
Reactions: seleanor

seleanor

Most certainly!!...I will let you later after asking my many friends there!
Please do!! I would love to know as well :)

Reactions: Hash

Vangelis

This was a really nice Retsina I tried last time I was in Greece

Retsina_20190614_214921_small.jpg

Reactions: efhernandez_

efhernandez_

Did you know that you can see baby turtles being born in Zakynthos?

This is a super rare experience that only exists during a small period of the year in Zakynthos. I cannot seem to find the exact timing of the hatching season, so if anyone knows please let me know. One of the best places that you can find these young turtles is Kalamaki Beach, which also happens to be one of the most popular beaches for swimming in Zakynthos. The beach is a protected conservation area, which is why it is closed at night, so that the turtle eggs can hatch and the turtles can safely make their way into the water.

What do you think of these essential Greek travel tips?

I would love to know what everyone thinks of these Greek travel tips, and if they are actually true and helpful. I feel like many people have so many biases about different countries, and they can have a completely different perspective from a local or the actual truth. Please let me know what your opinions are in the comments!

Paros is Santorinis cheaper cousin!

In my opinion, Paros offers everything that Santorini does but it's so much more affordable and not full of tourists. I highly recommend that you visit and enjoy the stunning blue and white architecture and relaxing beaches. Here are some of the sites that you should visit in Paros

- Naoussa
- Kolymbithres Beach
- Parikia
- Lageri Beach

Check out my recommended travel itinerary for 2 weeks in Greece!

I have decided to share an itinerary that I send to all of my friends who want to go to Greece. I have travelled to quite a few places around the country, and feel like I have a good idea of where everyone should visit on their first trip. Of course, I always recommend a two week minimum one visiting Greece. There's just so many things to do, especially if you like the beaches and sightseeing. Let me know what you think!

1. Land in Athens and stay for 4 days (Acropolis, Monastiraki, Thisseio, Glyfada, Kolonaki, and Lykabitos are a must)
2. Spend 3 days in Paros enjoying the beaches and nightlife (Paros has the best of Santorini and Mykonos without being crowded or expensive)
3. Spend 2 days in another island of your choice that is not in the Cyclades (honorable mentions include Corfu, Lefkada, Skiathos)
4. Spend the remaining 5 days driving through Crete and visiting Chania and Rethymno (Elafonisi Beach is a must)
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter