1 - 2 of 2 Posts

greek_ggirl

If you're looking to get into the holiday spirit, these are the some of the desserts that you need to have on your table whenever you have family or friends over! These desserts are super traditional, but you can always add a modern twist to them. I like to make a chocolate version of the baklava and my little cousins absolutely love it! Are usually use Family recipes, or Google recipes from Greek websites online, they usually have English translations that are pretty easy to follow but you might need to use a food scale to weigh out the ingredients. 🎄

1. Melomakarona
2. Kourabiedes
3. Koulourakia
4. Baklava
5. Diples
6. Skaltsounia

Reactions: Jawge

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
If you're looking to get into the holiday spirit, these are the some of the desserts that you need to have on your table whenever you have family or friends over! These desserts are super traditional, but you can always add a modern twist to them. I like to make a chocolate version of the baklava and my little cousins absolutely love it! Are usually use Family recipes, or Google recipes from Greek websites online, they usually have English translations that are pretty easy to follow but you might need to use a food scale to weigh out the ingredients. 🎄

1. Melomakarona
2. Kourabiedes
3. Koulourakia
4. Baklava
5. Diples
6. Skaltsounia
These are excellent Greek Christmas desserts!

My personal favorite is Melomakarona!! 🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

melamakarona-720x497.jpeg

How to make a classic Greek village (horiatiki) salad

This village salad is probably one of the most popular salads in Greece. Many Greeks will start their lunches and dinners with the salad and it is considered to be very healthy, especially when you use local ingredients. All you need to do is chop up the following ingredients and toss it in a salad bowl.

- 3 tomatoes
-Half a red onion
-Half a green pepper
-1 block feta cheese
-2 large spoonfuls of olives
-2 large spoonfuls of olive oil
-2 teaspoons of oregano
-1 teaspoon of salt

What is the best Greek food to sneak in vegetables for kids?

My kids absolutely hate eating vegetables and I am always looking for ways to sneak in more and more vegetables. Does anyone have good Greek dish recommendations that have vegetables that don't taste too strong? Or existing recipes where I can add small pieces of veggies? I would really appreciate it, I am not the best chef but I am trying to switch it up these days and keep things healthy!

G is not only for Greece but Gastronomy— and gourmands:

What desserts are served at Greek weddings?

Are there any desserts that are specific to Greek weddings? I’m going to a Greek wedding this summer and I would love to know waht tasty treats are on the menu so I know what to look forward to! 😋

What are your favorite flavors of Greek ice cream?

Personally, I have to say baklava or kaïmaki. For those of you that haven’t tried kaïmaki, I highly recommend it. It’s a traditional Greek ice cream made from masticha. You can find it at most Greek grocery stores and ice cream stores. What is your favorite Greek ice cream flavor?
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter